Schumer Shutdown Showdown

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have you seen the mess in the Mojave???? Looks like crap.
Does it output electricity?

kramer-junction_1000.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
It costs more to maintain than product it produces and the birds are extra crispy....the Colonel would be proud.

"In November 2014, the Associated Press reported that the facility was producing only "about half of its expected annual output". The California Energy Commission issued a statement blaming this on "clouds, jet contrails and weather".

MAKAVELI

Does it output electricity?

kramer-junction_1000.jpg
Yes it does.
California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it
It costs more to maintain than product it produces and the birds are extra crispy....the Colonel would be proud.

"In November 2014, the Associated Press reported that the facility was producing only "about half of its expected annual output". The California Energy Commission issued a statement blaming this on "clouds, jet contrails and weather".

rod

Retired 22 years

Wind isn't any better. Its another no win environmental boondockle

rod

Retired 22 years
Literally no single rational person thinks burning more coal is a good idea. It's way too expensive in every aspect.

When I turn on my lights I thank the coal fired electric plant in North Dakota that is sending power to our area. I toured that plant a few years ago. They have at least 300 years of coal reserves at their disposal without even searching for more. Burn baby burn

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I turn on my lights I thank the coal fired electric plant in North Dakota that is sending power to our area. I toured that plant a few years ago. They have at least 300 years of coal reserves at their disposal without even searching for more. Burn baby burn
Wanted to see a dying industry in action while you still can?

It will be fine

That's a strange ritual for turning on a light bulb, not exactly what I would call rational.