Sean O'Brien Slams UPS Plan for 70-hour Work Week

542thruNthru

That's the problem with some people. They want instant results. That's not how it works. It's a war not a fight. Having the media cover it helps bring the public on our side. Also wide load brought up some other great points.

Faceplanted

We established that we are united against 70 hour work weeks, and will take action against the big Brown bully.
The bully will fight back, but we'll continue the fight. We need to keep punching harder.
The 70hr work week is still on effect. Ups doesn't give a :censored2:... customers don't give a :censored2:, they want their package that has been "out for delivery" for 3 days and never delivered.

Proud of you guys for attempting to do something, but I think having the whole center file greviences for the reminder of peak season for every little thing, as well as people not coming in sat will have a much bigger effect.

I think 70 hour work week during peak is not all that bad. Lots of OT and it won't be forever. I am only against it if they force you off peak to work 70 hours. There is a lot of competition from amazon and I feel it is a small sacrifice we need to make to be competitive with regulation free amazon and all these white vans I see everyday. I do worry about my future as driver and it won't be pretty since we can't get anyone to work as a driver due to lack of grit in new generation or on other hand unwilling to change old drivers that grieve everything and will not compromise.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The 70hr work week is still on effect. Ups doesn't give a :censored2:... customers don't give a :censored2:, they want their package that has been "out for delivery" for 3 days and never delivered.

Proud of you guys for attempting to do something, but I think having the whole center file greviences for the reminder of peak season for every little thing, as well as people not coming in sat will have a much bigger effect.
But people won’t cuz most lack stones.

TheFigurehead

I do worry about my future as driver and it won't be pretty since we can't get anyone to work as a driver due to lack of grit in new generation or on other hand unwilling to change old drivers that grieve everything and will not compromise.

Yeah... that must be it. It's all the driver's faults... it's not the greedy, profiteering, poorly run company you work for... It's definitely every driver older and younger than you due to their "generation." If only everyone else who worked here was as willing to be used, abused, and taken advantage of as you were, everything would be perfect. Forget the decades upon decades of hard won rights our union and membership has fought for... we should just unquestioningly do the bidding of our corporate overlords so we don't upset them.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
We're working Saturday's to escape having to be paid more o/t during the week....I wish these spineless dregs would join me in a strike

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
nope. It was voluntarily, but then not enough people volunteered so it become mandatory. One old timer said it's been the first time he's had to work Saturday's in 21 years.