Seasonal driver with a felony?

Hey guys my buddy I’ve know my whole life works at UPS for 6 years and he talked to his boss today about getting me a seasonal delivery driver position. He told me his boss seemed interested and eager to call me and get me in for an interview. He did call me today and asked me to come in Monday for an interview.

only problem is the boss doesn’t know I have a felony (larceny 3rd) from 8 years ago. It’s nothing major and I was young and had a co-defendant at the time. I wasn’t even the one who committed the charge but that doesn’t matter.

do you guys think this will hurt my chances at getting the position?

Wow ok no need to be a :censored2:bag. I’ve read lots of articles stating UPS hires felons. Found lots of posts on this forum actually where people say they work there with felonies.

Last edited by a moderator:

allahuakbar

She/Her
This is why I don’t get friends jobs. Did he know you’re a felon?

The only way to tell is just go through the process. I know they usually don’t hire thief’s but i dunno how severe your crime was.

542thruNthru

Hey guys my buddy I’ve know my whole life works at UPS for 6 years and he talked to his boss today about getting me a seasonal delivery driver position. He told me his boss seemed interested and eager to call me and get me in for an interview. He did call me today and asked me to come in Monday for an interview.

only problem is the boss doesn’t know I have a felony (larceny 3rd) from 8 years ago. It’s nothing major and I was young and had a co-defendant at the time. I wasn’t even the one who committed the charge but that doesn’t matter.

do you guys think this will hurt my chances at getting the position?

First relax man. Its friday and half these guys are drunk from drowning a bad week away.

They are pointing out if that's your real name change it.

You'll probably be ok. You'll be a seasonal but you better do a amazing job because your felony may hinder you.

Its friday, have a beer and realize people are unwinding right now.

This is why I don’t get friends jobs. Did he know you’re a felon?

The only way to tell is just go through the process. I know they usually don’t hire thief’s but i dunno how severe your crime was.
Yes my friend knows I have a felon. He’s known me my whole life

LOL I can’t wait when I get this job Monday and come back to this and laugh in your face. Straight loser tough guy on the internet.

Even if you get the job, and that’s a big if, you will be gone in January. So don’t celebrate too hard.
Nah just wanted to laugh at that loser about it.

Won’t be gone necessarily if I have a buddy who’s real good friends with his boss. So that’s always good. Plus I’m a great worker and I’ll make them wanna keep me :)

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Nah just wanted to laugh at that loser about it.

Won’t be gone necessarily if I have a buddy who’s real good friends with his boss. So that’s always good. Plus I’m a great worker and I’ll make them wanna keep me :)
Not how it works at UPS. If they like you they will bring you back after peak as a part timer and dangle that possibility of becoming a full time driver in front of you like a carrot. It takes years, close to a decade even in some places.

Uhhh first as I stated I wasn’t the one who stole the property. But obviously that doesn’t matter cuz I’m still charged but ever hear of people changing? So one little mistake 8 years ago means I’m a lost cause my whole life? I’m a 28 year old good kid. Graduated high school and no I’m not black with “dreadlocks” like this dude on here thinks I am.

Not how it works at UPS. If they like you they will bring you back after peak as a part timer and dangle that possibility of becoming a full time driver in front of you like a carrot. It takes years, close to a decade even in some places.
Totally understand man. And I’m ready to work for it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Also I’m in CDL school right now on the weekends so if I get my foot in the door I can always become a truck driver.
UPS doesn’t care if you already have a CDL. They actually prefer if you don’t so they can train you the UPS way and you don’t bring any bad habits with you. Not to mention it takes even longer to get into. Now you’re talking 10-20 years. Trust me, I’m a feeder driver.

AttackedHawk34

UPS doesn’t care if you already have a CDL. They actually prefer if you don’t so they can train you the UPS way and you don’t bring any bad habits with you. Not to mention it takes even longer to get into. Now you’re talking 10-20 years. Trust me, I’m a feeder driver.
It does matter the location we had a guy not even three years in as a package driver get in feeders. I know because i have a little more seniority than him and didnt sign the bid and he did and got in