seasonal employees for peak

barnyard

KTM rider
I had 2 pieces missing, a misload in my load and picked up another from another guy. Running misloads this week added 4 hours to the check.

UPSGUY72

The building that I started working at only uses seasonal to unload trailers during peak. They don't hire casual drivers any time of the year. If they need help during peak some of the PT Sat Air driver help out here and there but not to often.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The building that I started working at only uses seasonal to unload trailers during peak. They don't hire casual drivers any time of the year. If they need help during peak some of the PT Sat Air driver help out here and there but not to often.

Does this his mean your center is adequately staffed normally or that peak is a lost cause?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We had a pcm the other morning about peak. They were telling us that they were going to have like 10 more routes in this ear than last. They said they were trying to keep the payed days down to like 9.5 hours or a little above that. Everybody was laughing including myself. First of all they hid 6 or 7 routes last peak. Yeah imagine those numbnutts hiding routes, they would never do that, NOT lol. We still had guys punching out between 10 and 11 every night with the hidden routes. So basically doing the math their really only putting in an extra 3 routes, really idiots really lol. On top of that their not thinking about the 17 days to jamm everything up our asses instead of the 21 days we had last year and the 5 to 8 percent increase in volume from last years peak to this year. Hopefully I will run out of hours early on Fridays lol. IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everyone keeps saying that we will only have 17 days of Peak. The volume will start to increase significantly during the shortened week before Thanksgiving and then we will get slammed on that following Monday.