Seasonal or pt

Cbrown

Hi everyone. I posted a few times last year but forgot my login info

Anyway I drove last year for UPS as a seasonal hire.

I was told I did a good job but after december, I never heard from UPS again. That is untill last week when they called Me, asking if I wanted to be a seasonal driver again.

In order to get hired on ft, do you think I should take my chances and hire on as a seasonal driver or take the part time route?

It was my understanding last year that pt'ers did not have a very long wait where I was.

Thank you

mikestrek

Hi everyone. I posted a few times last year but forgot my login info

Anyway I drove last year for UPS as a seasonal hire.

I was told I did a good job but after december, I never heard from UPS again. That is untill last week when they called Me, asking if I wanted to be a seasonal driver again.

In order to get hired on ft, do you think I should take my chances and hire on as a seasonal driver or take the part time route?

It was my understanding last year that pt'ers did not have a very long wait where I was.

Thank you
Get on anyway you can. Go part time and work your way up. We all did it. It goes faster than you think.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Get on anyway you can. Go part time and work your way up. We all did it. It goes faster than you think.

Good advice. I'll just add this. It depends on what the wait is to go driving in your area what the best route is. In my area for example, its less than a year to go driving from the inside. I haven't the foggiest what it is for an outside hire. -Rocky

mpeedy

go seasonal driving and in Jan. you can see if they will hire you on full time. If they don't go part-time.

cook32nd

It was my understanding that under the new contract, that if you are hired once as a seasonal driver and then called back and hired again, that after your second seasonal term, you would be hired as a full-time driver. Am I misinterpreting my contract book or isn't this right?