Seasonal UPS Driver Helper questions

Adrianfsc

Hi, two weeks ago, I was hired as an assistant driver, I got the uniform and was told that I would call to get started, but a long time and have not received any calls.

-Anyone know how long to wait to call you to work?
I need work and I have applied to several places, what happen if I am called to work elsewhere and since I was hired at UPS, what can I do with the uniform?

- They put me in the group which will work far from my house, if I talk to the Manager do you think they can put me in a group near my home?

One more thing

-My English is not very good, that may be an obstacle to work in this position?

thanks

HomeDelivery

keep looking for other jobs... if they finally decide to call you in, just tell them you found another job; you will be fired after x-mas eve anyways:peaceful:

hold on to that uniform; they will want it back

a driver's helper that can't really communicate in engrish isn't that favorable... unless, tu hable en espanol? and in that service area...

HomeDelivery

de nada...

are you over 21? maybe be a driver instead if you have the experience

FEDEX open house --Tuesday @11am -- 635 Zerega Ave, Bronx

gingerkat

If you got a uniform, then you will work. It all depends on where you live. The dispatch tries to put you with someone as close to your home as possible. Your area might not be busy enough for you to go in just yet. Last year it was about one week before I got my call. This year I went in for orientation on Monday and I started work on Tuesday.

I don't think your English would be that much of an issue, especially since you had an interview with HR and they're fully aware of language skills. Good luck

upschuck

They may be waiting to put you with a driver who speaks Spanish. I would call the HR dept and/or center and ask them about working. They may move you up the helper list if you show that you are eager to work.

MassWineGuy

If you can understand the address on the package, and where the driver says to deliver, you should be ok. Peak has not really begun yet, so it's not unusual that you have not been called.