Seat belt Motion In Package Car

mrbrownstone

I can not for the life of me buckle up one handed while starting the car with my other hand.

I feel like my arms are simply not long enough to cross my body and attach the seat belt with some discomfort.

So I pull the belt as fast as I can with my left hand then use my right hand to buckle and start the car.

I can do this very very quickly but an wondering if anyone else does it this way. Do you think the 1 arm buckle method makes that much of a difference in terms of saving time between stops?

tourists24

I can not for the life of me buckle up one handed while starting the car with my other hand.

I feel like my arms are simply not long enough to cross my body and attach the seat belt with some discomfort.

So I pull the belt as fast as I can with my left hand then use my right hand to buckle and start the car.

I can do this very very quickly but an wondering if anyone else does it this way. Do you think the 1 arm buckle method makes that much of a difference in terms of saving time between stops?
midget arms or fat belly?

UPSGUY72

Just push the start button and then put on your seat belt you don't have to hold do the start button once you hit the start button once it should keep turning over till the car starts.

tourists24

Neither I just feel like I'm straining my left shoulder buy trying to cross my body and buckle into a latch that could be higher. If anything I'm under weight.
just kidding. try this... I DO have midget arms lol so I grab my belt with one hand as Im starting ignition. As the belt is coming across the front I change to the other hand and click it in.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
My left shoulder is shot....I use both arms. Don't worry about the time. Such a small amount of time could easily be blown away with a long winded pcm or one long driveway. Not worth worrying about.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
tumblr_navpdtUGVd1rmq12qo1_400.gif

http://madelynnerose88.tumblr.com/post/95757727041

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Just an FYI with what works for me: First move-left hand grabs belt as right hand hits start button. Second move-Left hand gives belt to right hand. Third move-right hand buckles as left hand hits turn signal and continues down to drop P brake. Forth move-left hand to steering wheel as right hand shifts into drive.

My head moves-left mirror at belt grab, right mirror at buckle/P brake, and left shoulder at shift.

I have a resi run, 170-200 stops daily. 30'ish commercial and average 90 miles. Today Orion had me at 149 miles and 11.5 hours but did it in 122 miles and off clock at 9.5. What a wonderful piece of technology Orion is....... NOT

rod

Retired 22 years
I have a resi run, 170-200 stops daily. 30'ish commercial and average 90 miles. Today Orion had me at 149 miles and 11.5 hours but did it in 122 miles and off clock at 9.5. What a wonderful piece of technology Orion is....... NOT

Damn!---I couldn't do 200 stops in 9.5 if they were all located in a huge apartment building next door to UPS----and the apt. office signed for them all.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just an FYI with what works for me: First move-left hand grabs belt as right hand hits start button. Second move-Left hand gives belt to right hand. Third move-right hand buckles as left hand hits turn signal and continues down to drop P brake. Forth move-left hand to steering wheel as right hand shifts into drive.

My head moves-left mirror at belt grab, right mirror at buckle/P brake, and left shoulder at shift.

Our center just got Orion last month. My first ride along with one of the Orion guys we were 2 miles over and like 99% in trace. The next day the trace was beyond retarded so I turned Orion off first thing in the morning and ended up beating Orion by 6 miles and was still 95% in trace.

How the hell can turning Orion off save more miles than using a system set up to save on miles?!?! So now I know that Orion is a joke and a waste of MY time and the companies money

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our center just got Orion last month. My first ride along with one of the Orion guys we were 2 miles over and like 99% in trace. The next day the trace was beyond retarded so I turned Orion off first thing in the morning and ended up beating Orion by 6 miles and was still 95% in trace.

How the hell can turning Orion off save more miles than using a system set up to save on miles?!?! So now I know that Orion is a joke and a waste of MY time and the companies money
You know how UPS rolls, SPEND A DOLLAR TO SAVE A NICKEL lmfao. Ill never understand how a company wastes so much money on garbage that spends them more money than what it saves them lmfao. The sad part about it is, they run everything like complete DOGPOOP and still make billions of profit every year. The scary part is how much money would they actually make if they actually did things right and not run by a bunch of dumbys in a cubicle n the idiot supes who are worthless and dumb as the idiot NERDBALLS sitting in the cubicle lol. I just sick back and laugh everyday at the COMEDY SHOW we work at lmfao
200 .2356.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You know how UPS rolls, SPEND A DOLLAR TO SAVE A NICKEL lmfao. Ill never understand how a company wastes so much money on garbage that spends them more money than what it saves them lmfao. The sad part about it is, they run everything like complete DOGPOOP and still make billions of profit every year. The scary part is how much money would they actually make if they actually did things right and not run by a bunch of dumbys in a cubicle n the idiot supes who are worthless and dumb as the idiot NERDBALLS sitting in the cubicle lol. I just sick back and laugh everyday at the COMEDY SHOW we work at lmfaoView attachment 60163

Ru blazed already? This one I had to read twice to understand! lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Never was coordinated enough to do the seatbelt/ignition thing so my solution was forget about it, I get paid by the hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just push the start button and then put on your seat belt you don't have to hold do the start button once you hit the start button once it should keep turning over till the car starts.

Huh? The pkg car will not start unless you hold the start button.

In our center they want us to have the seat belt fastened before starting the pkg car.

Mr Shifter

Some of the diesel package cars and mainly the hybrids require the system to run a cycle before you can start the engine. You click your FOB/remote then the green/on red/off toggle will blink. You then can momentarily slap the green/on toggle and the system will cycle. The hybrids will give a certain signal that it's ready to be started and the diesels will have a light on the dash that will go out to let you know it's ready as well.