Seat belt Motion In Package Car

Anthonysg0113

Just an FYI with what works for me: First move-left hand grabs belt as right hand hits start button. Second move-Left hand gives belt to right hand. Third move-right hand buckles as left hand hits turn signal and continues down to drop P brake. Forth move-left hand to steering wheel as right hand shifts into drive.

My head moves-left mirror at belt grab, right mirror at buckle/P brake, and left shoulder at shift.

I have a resi run, 170-200 stops daily. 30'ish commercial and average 90 miles. Today Orion had me at 149 miles and 11.5 hours but did it in 122 miles and off clock at 9.5. What a wonderful piece of technology Orion is....... NOT
If it had me doing that route in 11.5 hrs, I would have done it in 12. I always use the maximum time allowed by the plan. But not over an hour over. Lots of overtime.

moldsporh

Pull belt down with left hand, pass it to right hand, then buckle.

It's not a one-handed operation for a 3-point belt....that's for the lap belts, they need to rewrite that.

Holy crap I can't freaking believe they soil their pants over how we buckle our seatbelt!!

I can fasten my belt going hand to hand faster and safer to my rotator cuff then trying with one hand.

Show me when that one-handed method was written, anyone with an issue take it up with your safety comittee.

If you tear your rotator doing this then maybe they will get a clue.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I hit the key fob ,enter the truck. Hit start once. Grab the belt with my left hand. (Also had mechanic install a metal hook on the left of the dash box) . I never go out the driver door. The beeping sequence starts. Then transfer to my right hand. Start and hit emergency brake at the same time. Done before the beep stops. We have 9 seconds to do all of that. I try to take the full 9 each time. Why? Because I don't have too

I hit the key fob ,enter the truck. Hit start once. Grab the belt with my left hand. (Also had mechanic install a metal hook on the left of the dash box) . I never go out the driver door. The beeping sequence starts. Then transfer to my right hand. Start and hit emergency brake at the same time. Done before the beep stops. We have 9 seconds to do all of that. I try to take the full 9 each time. Why? Because I don't have too
However long it takes,it takes.
friend* em.