Second jobs?

Zurion

Air exception driver if you have enough seniority. Some guys have turned it into a FT job. Also consider joining the National Guard. Bonus and you can make on a weekend drill what UPS pays for a week. Chances for extra days also.
Many of my buddies switched to the guard from active only to learn that "one weekend a month, two weeks a year" is a racket and it's more like "4 days a month, 4-6 weeks a year" plus all their stateside deployments and it's way more than they bargained for. Do the guard if it's what you want to do, not as a part time job. Plus with the fact you'd need to get days off for it, even if you did only have to work the 2 weekend days, management would know and you'd have to take Monday off to avoid an HOS violation.

takesteady

I work as an EMT for my second job. Instead of delivering boxes to people’s houses in a truck , I deliver old and insane people to the hospital for way less pay.

I always give a little nod to the UPS driver stuck in traffic when I pass them going code 3. I guess you could say it’s an environment where we have a lot of runners and gunners.

Spanky250

When I first started here I worked in the sort aisle and had a full time job as a refrigeration technician. It was tough doing both, when my number came up I became a driver and never looked back.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
What type of second jobs did/do you guys hold as package handlers? I'm looking at a few different options, and I'm curious what other people have done.
I was a delivery driver at Domino’s pizza. Tips were great Because I chose to work in a much nicer area. I’d definitely recommend it as a 2nd job. Easy money lol

Unknown1234

What type of second jobs did/do you guys hold as package handlers? I'm looking at a few different options, and I'm curious what other people have done.
Worked as an order picker for Frito-Lay. Good money/bonuses/other benefits. I was told health benefits were garbage and expensive but I had UPS benefits so I didnt have them. Did PT 1 year then FT for 3.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Electrician’s assistant, selector at a local grocery warehouse, cart retriever for Wal-Mart, order filler for Wal-Mart warehouse, preloader for FedEx, EMT, and a surgical tech before I got the call for feeder.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Roofing.

Had a contractors license.

Would start around 7:00am and knock off at 4:00pm.... go home, sleep for an hour then go work the twilight.