Seems simple enough...

My wife used to do bookkeeping, so I tried to get her to handle our personal finances. Apparently doing it for work and doing it for yourself are two different things for her. Since I'm stuck with managing the money I'll do it how I see fit. She can make whatever changes she wants when I'm dead. She may have trouble finding the buried silver, though.
I do it that way so when the time comes that I need the money, I have it.
I don't rob Peter to pay Paul

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yep. My Mom passed awhile back. Her idea was to "let it all be found out when I'm dead..."

And that resulted in I haven't spoken to my Brother since. We still don't know what/ where her business

is. It's a stupid way to carry out your affairs.

I don't know if she had enough worth finding, but have you considered hiring a private investigator to help track stuff down? And some states have unclaimed property databases you can search through.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume you don't use online banking, but I bet you can ask the teller next time you go to the bank to set up an automatic transfer into you savings every Friday. They should be able to to it, and it'll be easier than having the company figure it out.

Better yet, he can set it up from the comfort of his own home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I appreciate that. However-"possible work around" shouldn't enter into it. I want it out of sight out of

mine...automatic. Don't want to lift a finger. BTW, I chose this 2nd bank because my 40 year bank

was so rigid and unhelpful. They missed out on a large deposit because of their bored indifference.

The 2nd bank greeted me with a smile and a positive experience. I like that.

SET UP AN AUTOMATIC INTRABANK TRANSFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!