Sending workers home regularly

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
For all the jabs I take at IE, I did meet a good guy from that department once. I loaded a trailer with him, in fact, and he flat out agreed with me that it should be a requirement that PT supervisors have 6 months of experience doing whatever job they would be supervising.
Most IE people are not bad people. They are just frustrating. There is a disconnect between them and operations

km3

The plan you see and the real plan are not going to be the same

Are you sure? On the outbounds, they printout a sheet with everything from the previous night. Planned PPH, Actual PPH, Planned Man-hours, Actual Man-hours, percentages, planned volume, actual volume (Actual volume is always, ALWAYS 2000-3000 higher than planned), etc..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Are you sure? On the outbounds, they printout a sheet with everything from the previous night. Planned PPH, Actual PPH, Planned Man-hours, Actual Man-hours, percentages, planned volume, actual volume (Actual volume is always, ALWAYS 2000-3000 higher than planned), etc..
Printout will be from PDOP. You can manipulate that to say anything you want. I can say everyone needs a PPH rate of 575 and we will use 10 preload hours for 10,000 pieces. Plans put in should be realistic. But I know when I would put them in and post them I would always shoot for 3-5 points above my actual goal so that I had wiggle room for unexpected issues (late air, late trailers, unforecasted volume appearing etc).

Your team may be showing the real numbers. But if they are consistently missing them they wouldn't be around very long

km3

Printout will be from PDOP. You can manipulate that to say anything you want. I can say everyone needs a PPH rate of 575 and we will use 10 preload hours for 10,000 pieces. Plans put in should be realistic. But I know when I would put them in and post them I would always shoot for 3-5 points above my actual goal so that I had wiggle room for unexpected issues (late air, late trailers, unforecasted volume appearing etc).

Your team may be showing the real numbers. But if they are consistently missing them they wouldn't be around very long

I don't know if it's the same system, but I'm talking about trailers.

Anyway, the district manager observed this area during peak. I don't know what he thought of it, but I can tell you that I'm not surprised that the one time I met one of the big bosses it was there of all places.

They've had the same FT and PT Supervisors there for about a year now. I think on some level, somebody's just accepted that it's hopelessly messed up.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
After reading all of this and seeing how my little brown corner of the Earth operates, I often wonder how UPS even functions on a daily basis.