Seniority and staggered start times 9.5

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Also, I would like to know what your next day air commit times are and who is delivering the air for the late starters in the absence of these routes while they are being held back?
I am also curious about the answer to this question?

....if you care to answer??

Seems reasonable that you would answer, seeing you started the discussion???

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Central region

Section 4

"A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

I was speaking more out of TOS concerns and preserving anonymity.

I was just curious if the OP had a Local Rider, that would over-ride the

Central Region language.

It's a clear cut reason to grieve, based on the Central's language.

-Bug-

Last edited:

opie

They are starting to do staggered start times because the drivers get done early now. So they have problems covering late pickups. So they have been using pm air drivers at times to do these pickups. Nobody is allowed to be over 9 hours.

brownieworker

That's awesome!!!

Just for my own knowledge, what article did your BA (he) say it was grievance under???

....and did you actually grieve it, or did you accept the explanation from your manager and let it go???
I’m not sure what article it’s under. He told me to go by the sheet posted with our start times for the week. I did not grieve it. I told him this will be the last time I am working this late if guys under me are clocking in earlier.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’m not sure what article it’s under. He told me to go by the sheet posted with our start times for the week. I did not grieve it. I told him this will be the last time I am working this late if guys under me are clocking in earlier.

Article 12 Section 4, of the Central Region Supplement.

Section 4

"A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was just curious if the OP had a Local Rider, that would over-ride the

Central Region language.

It's a clear cut reason to grieve, based on the Central's language.
I took the issue to not be about uniformity for the individual start times, rather a non-seniority based stagger?

If that's the case, I'm not so sure how "clear cut" that would be?