seniority for someone hired the same day as me

chopstic

I have a few coworkers who started the same day as I. I was wondering if it came down to us all bidding on the same job, how would UPS determine who has more seniority? I've heard rumors that it goes in alphabetical order... and other rumors that it goes by interview date. But I cant find it in the NMA.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
When I went driving, I had three guys start with me and it came down to who clocked in first, so on the first day of work I was the first one to clock in. so I have seniority by five min on the three guys. Nice to have when a bid comes up, also a list should be posted in the building it will tell the order. peace out

Sammie

A physical is needed to clear you in good health to work. Seniority is
based upon the time of your physical exam. When my husband became
a UPS driver, several guys also started the same day he did. Their seniority was based on the times of their individual physicals...

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I dont understand why it is not the same everywhere. At my center they went by your first day and who punched in first and seems that every center has its own way of doing things. Guess you will find out when they post it in the center. Good luck, would be nice to be at the top of the list when three or more was hired the same day.. peace out

Sammie

I dont understand why it is not the same everywhere. At my center they went by your first day and who punched in first and seems that every center has its own way of doing things. Guess you will find out when they post it in the center. Good luck, would be nice to be at the top of the list when three or more was hired the same day.. peace out

We've always been told that if someone were to drop in at any UPS
facility, policies and habits would be identical. Like a Walmart store.
NOT!!! :confused2:

road ends

It varies by area and local union jurisdiction. There is usually a tie breaker rule already established. Get with h/r or your supervisor can find out from h/r

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thats an interesting question. How we deal with ftime drivers bidding with the same date, is by using their ptime date of hire. I have not ran in to this problem with ptimers bidding on jobs, i will have to ask and find out.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

City Driver

i know for a fact that here it goes by application date

theres 2 young casuals who just got hired a few months ago who were hired the same date and applied the same date....the seniority list shows what TIME each of them applied and one beat the other by a few hours