seniority question

PT Car Washer

Thanks that's what everyone tells me at my hub and to file grievance...

Thanks man...they understand at that time of year I'll be showing up late due to ups peak season

And thanks all for your replies!!!
A lot of PTers have this arrangement with management. Some guys take time off from their second job during peak to make bank double shifting.

UPSGUY72

Long story short (this happened today and many other times) I always get moved from my area and once we were almost finished(the area they just moved me too) they moved me AGAIN to help another area I told the sup to send some one else with less seniority he came up with some bs I didn't understand and sent me anyways that I had to go..they always have me moving all the time ...what's your advise? Thanks

This isn't a seniority issue. You are PT you don't bid jobs they can put you and move where ever they want and when they want. Don't rock the boat you might not like the outcome. The only time there would be a seniority issue is if they sent you home before they sent a lower seniority person home.

They don't have to move the lowest seniority person in your area first they can move anyone they want. They aren't going to move someone that doesn't know how to do the job.

PT Car Washer

This isn't a seniority issue. You are PT you don't bid jobs they can put you and move where ever they want and when they want. Don't rock the boat you might not like the outcome. The only time there would be a seniority issue is if they sent you home before they sent a lower seniority person home.

They don't have to move the lowest seniority person in your area first they can move anyone they want. They aren't going to move someone that doesn't know how to do the job.
No. Jobs are bid. Never heard of the preferred jobs list. Have to move you by seniority. You do have seniority rights.

My building does not have a FT preload. Most Art 22.3. Load trailers on mid night sort. Take a 2 hour break and load package cars on preload. No OT. Yeah I want to do that for 30 years.
I could probably face pacjages and scan packages for $33 an hour....my wife just hated me being, on that shift!....guess her Fedex boyfriend, couldn't stop by!...lol

PT Car Washer

I could probably face pacjages and scan packages for $33 an hour....my wife just hated me being, on that shift!....guess her Fedex boyfriend, couldn't stop by!...lol
You don't make $33/hr. Pays Art 22.3 pay. I have a lot of friends working Art 22.3 jobs. Could not cut it driving and limited employment opportunities. I guess if that is the best you can hope for, go for it.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Long story short (this happened today and many other times) I always get moved from my area and once we were almost finished(the area they just moved me too) they moved me AGAIN to help another area I told the sup to send some one else with less seniority he came up with some bs I didn't understand and sent me anyways that I had to go..they always have me moving all the time ...what's your advise? Thanks
Just do a shi tty job when they move you and they wont want you to come back over there. I've resorted to acting like I was slow in the head at times, no joke. They send me some where, I do a terrible job, I act like I don't have any sense and they get fed up and send me away.

browntroll

Just do a shi tty job when they move you and they wont want you to come back over there. I've resorted to acting like I was slow in the head at times, no joke. They send me some where, I do a terrible job, I act like I don't have any sense and they get fed up and send me away.
i remember i did this the first time they tried to make me load a package car, i acted like i had never seen a box before and
the label was written in foreign language. the look that the sup gave me still makes me come to work everyday hoping i can do it
to another sup.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No. Jobs are bid. Never heard of the preferred jobs list. Have to move you by seniority. You do have seniority rights.
Maybe in your building. I did not sign a bid to load PC's. I am ASSIGNED to a center, but anytime they wanted, they could send me to another center to load....or to the unload (they don't). Centers trade loaders like baseball cards sometimes....that's how I ended up in my center years ago. We have NO say in what area we work in. Small sort has the only bidded jobs.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I wouldn't mind but I have a second job right after I get off from ups and they send other people with less seniority home (and not intending in moving to another shift ) some advise from the people of the hub is to file grievance but I don't want to take it to that level

Then you're just going to have to work as directed and continue to deal with the status quo until your ready to defend your contractual rights.

Best wishes!

PT Car Washer

What you hear every time a seniority employee is moved out of their area. "I don't want to put a target on my back". Sorry about that. Other people file or talk to their BA and it stops right away.