Seniority question.

Johnny123456789

I been doing a part time job for 7 years that I signed up for. A back up position for my job has just been put up and a person with more seniority has sign it. The sign up sheet clearly states for back up and as needed. Can he use his seniority to bump me? Thanks...

Noreaga

I been doing a part time job for 7 years that I signed up for. A back up position for my job has just been put up and a person with more seniority has sign it. The sign up sheet clearly states for back up and as needed. Can he use his seniority to bump me? Thanks...
Just giving you my opinion I don't believe anyone can bump you because that is your primary job classification .. I do believe your job is safe .. now if your job was up for rebid then it would go the highest senior person

Johnny123456789

Lol. God I hate that song!

Yeah that's my main argument since it's my primary job that I bid for 7 years ago. And the fact that this new bid is only for back up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can he displace you from your job even though the bid sheet clearly states that he would be filling in for you as needed? No.