Seniority sucks.

Gear

Parts on Order
That's not entirely true. If you get along well with each other (the people you mess with), they get it and can take a bait and switch. They know it's all in good fun.
Now if you have a couple guys like we do who will put in for option days just so lower seniority guys can't get them, those guys are d7cks!!. They don't have anything planned. These are the guys who would c0ckblock you at a bar too.

Im on the same page as you.
Those guys are everywhere. The guy who gets punched then calls the police.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I hate being so new that I get bumped on driving. I have been employed since 7/2/2014 and got my 30 days in as of 8/23/2014. I was driving 52 to 55 hours a week until around April this year and now I am 3 days plus Saturday if I am lucky. I hate that.
i'm a FT mid-2000's and don't have enough juice to work cover everyday, in two of the four centers in our building. If you have a choice of centers, maybe try bidding a different one if possible.

ManInBrown

In every center there are senior drivers who will go home a couple days a week if they have a chance. Find out who they are, make friends, learn their routes. When mgmt plays along, don't screw it up. Soon you'll know more routes than you want to, but you'll have work every day.

At least, that's how I did it.
Right here is your answer OP. There's always 1 or 2 drivers in every center who if given the opportunity would drive 1 day a week. Learn their route

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Be a mechanic. Seniority makes very little difference in who works and how much. It is a grind every day no matter who you are or how long you've been around. On the plus side, vacation times are relatively wide open.

mike1646

The bad thing would be if you got used to spending the $ of 55 hours a week and now you can't get by with 30 hours.

Grey

1984 is our oldest one. He has a great route but bids on everyone that comes up just to decline it. Not sure why.