Seniority sucks.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I went into feeders in 1986 and I was #80 of 80. When I retired last year, I had just broken the top 20 at #19 out of about 175 drivers. They added a bunch of drivers since I retired. I believe it's pushing 200 by now. I was #2 in my package center when I left to go into feeders. It was a leap of faith, giving up the benefits to being vice president of my center. lol. I made the right choice.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I tried for over 20 years take a vacation week during spring break so that I could go somewhere with the wife and kids that wasn't summer. There was always the same senior drivers ahead of me that took that week, and by the time I picked, that week was full. Every year. When I finally got around to being able to take that week, my kids had graduated college and were out of the house. But that's the way seniority works.

moldsporh

Think about the drivers before you that didn't have power steering or a low first step. Drive a non-power steering P1000 for half a day and imagine how much it "sucked" to drive one for 20 years.

Lucky for them the P1000 didn't show up until later so they weren't "blessed" with a turning radius of a soccer field.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Come up on an accident or construction zone and your slowing down to get over and every one takes your lane and speeds up on you ,, you just can't stop !! Is that a vacation !!

Covemastah

Your doing. 55 in slow lane and guy comes over from fast lane at 80 ,, Jumps in front of you Hits brakes within 10 ft of you to get off the exit !!
Is that a vacation !!!

mike1646

Some people think feeders is easy work or no work at all. Feeders is just different from pkg cars but is not easy work.

Covemastah

I never leave the building unless the heat and defrost works very well...in a package car anyway.
Neither do I ,, but the snow and ice build up quick on the tractor windshield and the blades drag it over and more snow and ice build over it !! The defrost or heater not enough on some storms

clean hairy

Think about the drivers before you that didn't have power steering or a low first step. Drive a non-power steering P1000 for half a day and imagine how much it "sucked" to drive one for 20 years.

Lucky for them the P1000 didn't show up until later so they weren't "blessed" with a turning radius half the state of Alaska/QUOTE]
fixed it for you

Overpaid Union Thug

I tried for over 20 years take a vacation week during spring break so that I could go somewhere with the wife and kids that wasn't summer. There was always the same senior drivers ahead of me that took that week, and by the time I picked, that week was full. Every year. When I finally got around to being able to take that week, my kids had graduated college and were out of the house. But that's the way seniority works.
It's frustrating. Especially the pricks that take each and every one of those school break weeks and don't even have kids in school. Or even worse. The ones that pick those weeks and want to work. Hell I just want one of those weeks and those guys take all of them. I agree that seniority is great but that doesnt mean people have to be such :censored2:bags about it. :censored2:bags with seniority are a disease. LOL.

Last edited: