September Dividend?

B

Buddy Z

What's happening with the September dividend? Normally the board would have met by now and set the dividend amount, record and payable dates. Are things delayed because of 100 Year Celebration events?

moreluck

golden ticket member
We usually hear about dividends about 2 weeks after FDX and they just reported a 10 cent dividend this week, I think ,or late last week.

OldManAllowance

Historically speaking the dividend was normally announced by 8/20. Nothing has been said. It does seem that founders day has something to do with it...how about a special $1.00 for 100 years! Don't hold your breath.

Just Lurking

Historically speaking the dividend was normally announced by 8/20. Nothing has been said. It does seem that founders day has something to do with it...how about a special $1.00 for 100 years! Don't hold your breath.

Wall st does not care about our dividend. Look how they treated our recent dividend hikes. They know that it just a pay out to our management team (management/UPS foundations) since they own majority of stock. The percentage of dividend to stock price is low that its almost as worse as passbook savings. The only way that the dividend helps is for mutual funds that require a dividend for ownership.

upsforce

This is from YAHOO.FINANCE Messasge board for UPS:
"It has been reported in Europe that UPS and private equity group Apax Partners are in talks to acquire the portion of Deutsche Post currently held by the German government. Apax used to invest in start-ups via venture capital but has recently moved into leveraged buy-outs. They recently acquired Tommy Helfiger (2006) and are in negotiations with Morgan Stanley to pick-up insurer the HUB Group.

Could it be that this is the big 100th anniversary surprise and might be the reason for the dividend announcement delay? "
"
German Stocks Advance, Led by Siemens, Deutsche Post Shares

By Andreas Hippin

Aug. 23 (Bloomberg) -- German stocks advanced for a fifth day as concerns eased that a rout in credit markets will hurt corporate earnings. Siemens AG and Deutsche Boerse AG paced the gains.

Deutsche Post AG rose on speculation U.S. competitor United Parcel Service Inc. and private-equity firm Apax Partners Worldwide may bid for a stake in Europe's biggest postal service.

The benchmark DAX Index rose 11.48, or 0.2 percent, to 7,511.96. DAX futures expiring in September slipped 0.3 percent to 7,511.5 at 6:01 p.m. in Frankfurt. The HDAX Index of the country's 110 biggest companies added 0.2 percent.

``Companies sensitive to economic swings are in demand as it's too early to write off the boom after we saw some credit- market turmoil in the past weeks,'' said Carsten Klude, who helps manage $20 billion as head of investment strategies at M.M. Warburg & Co. in Hamburg.

German investment in equipment gained 2.5 percent in the second quarter from the first, even as economic growth slowed in the three months through June, the Federal Statistics Office in Wiesbaden said today.

Siemens, Europe's largest engineering company, advanced 82 cents, or 0.9 percent, to 91.66 euros.

Deutsche Boerse, operator of the Frankfurt Exchange, gained 2.17 euros, or 2.7 percent, to 81.37 euros.

``The market is making up for the negative exaggerations we've seen,'' said Achim Matzke, an equity strategist at Commerzbank AG. The DAX has still lost 6.2 percent since the beginning of July.

Deutsche Post

Deutsche Post added 48 cents, or 2.3 percent, to 21.31 euros. KfW is Deutsche Post's biggest investor with a 30.6 percent stake. The bank, which sold 5.9 percent of its shares in July 2006, said in January it may sell further stakes to private-equity firms.

``Deutsche Post are boosted by the rumor Apax and UPS might bid 28 euros a share for about 30 percent in the company,'' said Thomas Nagel, a trader at Equinet AG in Frankfurt. ``There has also been talk the shares might get suspended later due to newsflow concerning the KfW stake.''

Nicole Mommsen, a spokeswoman for Deutsche Post in Bonn, and Alexander Mohanty, a spokesman for KfW in Frankfurt, declined to comment today. "

wkmac

Dividend was cancelled and the money saved along with no raises this year for management will be used to buyout of Central States pension fund.

It's Friday and I thought a good BS rumor was in order!
:wink:

As for the Deutsche Post buyout, wow that would be something!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
This is from YAHOO.FINANCE Messasge board for UPS:
"It has been reported in Europe that UPS and private equity group Apax Partners are in talks to acquire the portion of Deutsche Post currently held by the German government.

Now, this I'd believe if it were in Asia. Since my understanding is we already have a reasonably solid footing in Europe, I just don't see the value. DHL in the U.S.A isn't THAT big of a thorn--at least not in my area. In my area DHL is more like a fly or bug you want to crush:cool:. Maybe UPS is interested in some of the modern facilities DHL operates?? I could see FedEx or DHL being an acquisition target for UPS because of their real-estate but nothing else. -Rocky

paganpink

:crying: Yeah, but what about the dividend??! I was hoping that we were waiting for our 100th birthday to announce a "double div" or something. Wishful thinking?

traveler

Where next? Venice
Now, this I'd believe if it were in Asia. Since my understanding is we already have a reasonably solid footing in Europe, I just don't see the value. DHL in the U.S.A isn't THAT big of a thorn--at least not in my area. In my area DHL is more like a fly or bug you want to crush:cool:. Maybe UPS is interested in some of the modern facilities DHL operates?? I could see FedEx or DHL being an acquisition target for UPS because of their real-estate but nothing else. -Rocky

Overseas, in Europe, Asia, Austrailia and even Africa DHL is THE PREMIER carrier. They have years of experience and are well entrenched. They are the first company people think of when sending items international. I do agree, in the USA, DHL is not much of a threat, not yet.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In other business, the Board declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.42 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend is payable Sept. 17, 2007, to shareholders of record on Sept. 10, 2007. UPS has either increased or maintained its dividend every year for more than three decades.

Just Lurking

:)traveler ups should have bought out dhl when they had the chance.:crying:they bought a frieght co.

Unfortunately, the freight company that we bought is not much better than DHL. I am not trying to put them down. I believe that most people would agree that UPS Freight is more Overnite than UPS standards wise or FedEx Freight.