Sex Discrimination? I want a hot babe delivering my package

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
As Teamsters we stick together so please post some pics so we can support you in your claims.

I tried to look for one, but I would never post it. btw, I couldnt find one, its almost like it has been scrubed from all history.

Also, think about it. This company has been around over a hundred years, they went through those times like everyone else did. Does anyone think it would never happen in any part of the country. One would have to lying to themselves. Its not the past of UPS, its the past of this country.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
So how does this make UPS a racist company? If anything the businesses with the double standard would be racist.

Oh yea, that... the double standard. The whole country is filled with the double standard.

UPS goes the way the country goes, as if they are searching for votes from people. Yet those votes are more along the lines of customers. Like last year "UPS is going green!!". I've never seen a company create so much waste. One year its this and that, I'm sure people here and myself could say tons in the exact opposite way.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Overall, on a closing note (wink), I think Fedex and DHL would've done the same things in the past.

Our history is nothing more then that, history. I only wish the best for anyone of us. In a way, I could go on to other opinions. But I wont because I wish this thread dead and locked. It something I will include, in time, else where. Not here, I only wish to jot this down for personal reasons, as in creating a book about my experience here at UPS, for a start.

Admins should lock this thread, for good measure.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
ups.jpgThere's plenty around my area....
ups.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
:dissapointed:We probably went though a dozen female drivers during my stint at our small upper midwest center. The majority of them quit because their husbands couldn't understand that the little women wasn't going to be home each night and have supper on the table at 6:00 like he expected. We lost some excellent drivers due to idiot husbands. (most of these gals have since divorced). Because we had about zero minority population where we were there were very very few non-whites. We had Jose (our carwasher and token Mexican as he called himself) who actually just retired last year. Great guy. We only had one black guy that I can remember. He was a temporary peak driver who worked 3 days and then didn't show up for work 2 days in a row when the weather turned brutal cold. When they finally got ahold of him all he said was "Man- you are crazy if you think I'm going to work outside in this weather".:happy2:

brownrod

I am always surprised when customers say they've never seen a female driver. There are a few of us. I represent my company well and my husband thinks I'm hot, so I don't care what the customer thinks.
I would guess our building approaches 50/50 black/white, with very few from other races. I'm in the southeast. Is the percentage comparable to that of your location?
Thanks for your interest.

TBH, I've never seen a black driver except in pictures. Other races yes. Just not a lot of black people in my area. Hot chicks? I've seen a few.