SFA

purplelife

Hr breaks increase performance on road, management assumes that some people will drive on part of that extra 30 minutes. Increasing performance and saving money, making them look better. Most managers and seniors understand how stupid hr breaks are but it comes down from the top.

MassWineGuy

What about making employees take breaks is falsifying? Specific to your case, did they make you go on break while you were driving or doing other work? Or just that they asked you to take a break and you didn't want to? Or you didn't take a break and they put one on your timecard after the fact?

I'm the first one in my station to throw management under the bus, so don't think I'm taking their side. I just make it very clear that I don't take anything more than the gov't mandated break period (30 min here), and I won't do a single work-related task while on break.
It was a mandatory on road 20 minute break to narrow gap times. Is that not doing one thing to change how something else looks? Lying. It would have been in addition to any DOT 30 minute break.

MassWineGuy

Ops, though it seems difficult for you to understand basic language, no. I did not take those breaks at all. My route was very busy and gaps were minimal. I can walk you through the big words if you need help.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ops, though it seems difficult for you to understand basic language, no. I did not take those breaks at all. My route was very busy and gaps were minimal. I can walk you through the big words if you need help.
Maybe if you wrote in plain English instead of riddles your posts would be easier for the common people to understand. And YOU of all people shouldn’t be questioning anyone else’s intelligence. Have you seen some of the truly stupid things you’ve posted that you’ve done?

Also Genius, the rest of us easily figured out that if we touched “reply” at the bottom of someone’s post when replying to them that everyone knows for sure who you’re taking to. Kind of simple really, but obviously too difficult for you to figure out after all this time.

McFeely

Huge Member

No need to be a dick about it. Thanks for finally explaining the situation.

MassWineGuy

Maybe if you wrote in plain English instead of riddles your posts would be easier for the common people to understand. And YOU of all people shouldn’t be questioning anyone else’s intelligence. Have you seen some of the truly stupid things you’ve posted that you’ve done?

Also Genius, the rest of us easily figured out that if we touched “reply” at the bottom of someone’s post when replying to them that everyone knows for sure who you’re taking to. Kind of simple really, but obviously too difficult for you to figure out after all this time.

Please enlighten me, oh enlightened one, as to anything I’ve said that you judged was stupid. I have faith in you, despite all the other stuff.

!Retired!

Anyone who works more than 8 hours must take a one hour break on road .
Not in your first or last hour. Certainly not when driving to or from areas.
That's not anywhere in the policy manual, nor is it a DOT requirement.
The one hour break rule is a directive, not policy.
That's a different story. Definitely not policy or a DOT requirement.
I told managers this was falsifying. But they disagreed.
Putting in an unpaid break you didn't take IS falsification. I would LOVE to hear the reasoning it's not.
Hr breaks increase performance on road, management assumes that some people will drive on part of that extra 30 minutes. Increasing performance and saving money, making them look better. Most managers and seniors understand how stupid hr breaks are but it comes down from the top.
They can assume anything they want. The ONLY thing a 1 hour break does is get you home 30 minutes later. You still have the same amount of stops, in the same area, that will take the same amount of time no matter how long the break is.

McFeely

Huge Member
IIRC, only 30 min is required by DOT for anything over 8 hours.

At my current station, I’ve only taken 30 minute breaks. I generally work 7 hours daily all the way over 12 hours with no “break violations”.

The extra 20 min your manager is asking (making?) you to take is to make SPH and gap times look better if you’re doing it when you have a lull in a pup route. None of us know the details of your shift, route, gap times, wait times at pups, etc. to say for sure what is happening in Mass.