SFA

MAKAVELI

20 minute breaks are allowed, but you still must meet DOT requirements. So, you would need to take at least 2 of them.

If you are a DOT courier, you have to follow DOT regulations. That includes breaks.

DOL break laws
DOL break laws
DOT break rules apply to long haul truckers, not us. We fall under the Short haul exemption. But most states meal break rules are more strict anyway.

McFeely

Huge Member
Even if it’s a long drive between stops, no manager should be having a courier taking unpaid breaks while driving. And no courier should put up with that if that’s what is being mandated.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Even if it’s a long drive between stops, no manager should be having a courier taking unpaid breaks while driving. And no courier should put up with that if that’s what is being mandated.
I actually had a manager before who thought I would go into a 13/14 while my truck was broken down. Uh, no!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve done a 13-14 when broken down, but only for the first 30 min. And that was my choice so my day wouldn’t last forever, not a directive.
Yep. Same here after 30 minutes it was back to vehicle out of service code.

dezguy

Had a manager once tell me to take a break when my vehicle was broken down on the side of the highway. Asked if they were going to send a cab out so I could spend it somewhere other than my truck. Nope. Ok, not taking a break then.

Not spending my personal time babysitting FedEx property because it broke down through no fault of my own.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Had a manager once tell me to take a break when my vehicle was broken down on the side of the highway. Asked if they were going to send a cab out so I could spend it somewhere other than my truck. Nope. Ok, not taking a break then.

Not spending my personal time babysitting FedEx property because it broke down through no fault of my own.
A justifiable, reasonable request from an ethical, salaried manager.

Right @59 Dano ?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Nothing unethical about asking. You can answer "no" if you don't want to do it. Your manager will get over it in about 27 seconds, though you'll probably still be talking about on message boards for years to come.
Asking an employee to violate policy isn't unethical? I guess if you don't know what ethics are....

falcon back

Asking an employee to violate policy isn't unethical? I guess if you don't know what ethics are....
Dano once made a number of post advising a person they should lie if asked about an accident they had while in a company van. Does that answer your question about his ethics?