Share price

U

ups79

Say:what's happening to the share price the last two days? Can't believe it is finally going up. Must be the China deal.

U

ups79

folks you are not paying attention, wily-ole-fart retired. Seriously wily, just kidding, I hope you take that comment as it was intended.

M

michael

Maybe it has something to do with the good earnings report by overnite today.

W

wily_old_vet

ups79-you're welcome for my last contribution to the health and welfare of UPS shareholders.

705red

I was recently fired for typing the girls in the afternoon suck over the ods now there taking me to the panel for violence in the work place. i admit i was wrong but violence in the workplace this is a little harsh. keep fingers crossed going in 2morrow morning!!!

R

robonono

Great Earnings Report this morning:

UPS EARNINGS CLIMB 22% ON GLOBAL VOLUME GROWTH

Daily Volume Up By 557,000 Packages; Revenue Rises 15%

ATLANTA, July 21, 2005 UPS (NYSE:UPS) today reported a robust 22.2% gain in diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2005, driven by double-digit export volume gains in every international region and an increase of 387,000 packages per day in the United States.

For the three months ended June 30, earnings per diluted share were $0.88, up from the $0.72 reported in the prior year. Net income totaled $986 million compared to the $818 million reported for the period in 2004. Revenue of $10.19 billion increased 14.9% from the $8.87 billion reported last year, reflecting, in part, the acquisition of Menlo Worldwide Forwarding late last year.

Consolidated average daily worldwide volume for the second quarter rose by 557,000 packages, or 4.1%, to 14.1 million. Worldwide average revenue per piece showed a strong 4.7% increase.

UPS is a company thats on the move, said Mike Eskew, UPS chairman and CEO. Our U.S. domestic volume climbed well above our expectations. And the international segments performance was outstanding with export volume growth exceeding 18%.

Consolidated operating profit rose 18.2% to $1.55 billion compared to $1.31 billion for the prior-year period.

Highlights by segment for the second quarter included:
 International package revenue increased 22.7% to $2 billion. Operating profit climbed 41.3% to $397 million. Export volume grew an impressive 18.2%, led by Asia export volume gains of 39.5%. China again drove Asia with export volume rising 99%. Average revenue per piece increased 9.4%.

 U.S. domestic package revenue grew 5.7% during the period to $6.94 billion on 3.2% volume growth. Operating profit rose 13.2% to $1.12 billion and operating margin increased 110 basis points to 16.1%. Pricing remained firm with an increase in average revenue per piece of 2.4%.

 Revenue for the supply chain solutions segment increased 84.9% to $1.25 billion primarily through the addition of Menlo Worldwide Forwarding. Profitability declined due to the expected costs of integrating the Menlo operation. However, the company expects $50-to-$100 million in synergies in 2006 and at least $200 million in 2007.

M

moreluck

I didn't have the time yet to read word for word all the earnings reports from various news agencies. Just scanning, the news looks good.

My question is: Did any of the reports mention the possibility that maybe UPS is taking back some business from FDX that FDX bragged about taking from UPS before?

U

upsdawg

705red----do us a favor and leave...maybe there is another company that you can act in the manner that you have and it be an acceptable practice.I'm sure there were more words --and probably more "Harsh" words than you are sharing. The OMS in the center are not the only ones viewing the ODS messages--there are ODS Administrative people that view every message----what were you thinking......apparently you weren't!!

U

upsdawg

Did any of the reports mention the possibility that maybe UPS is taking back some business from FDX that FDX bragged about taking from UPS before?

More Luck---good question---I have not heard from Monte at FEDX for awhile---since FDX announced their last quarters earnings----wondering if he is still eating "Crow" for breakfast,lunch and dinner, these days!

W

wily_old_vet

UPS down on a good report and Fedex up. This sucks and Fred must be getting a good laugh on this one.

I

isdrone

The analysts said the stock price had already taken into account the increased international volume. Our ground numbers did not meet their expectations. Hence - we go down again.

I

isdrone

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Absolutely no place for that behaviour anywhere in UPS. You may get your job back, maybe not. If you do, hopefully, you won't make the same mistake twice.

O

ok2bclever

It never ceases to amaze me why any driver, regardless of how frustrated, would be so stupid as to put something derogatory in writing.

It's like they don't realize the diad has print ability or something!

However, if that is all they have on you I doubt you will lose your job, this time.

M

michael

I'm not sure , but didn't the stock go down the last time we reported good numbers as well ?

B

brett636

If I remember correctly the stock went up about $3/share last time we blew out our earnings expectations.