shave waiver

BigJamesBrown

Problem is people grow facial air differently. No shaving means absolutely no shaving. Most shave the lower part of their neck or other areas to sculpt it the way they like. It also can't be longer then 2 inches.

Also lets be honest most get the waiver because they think they look good with stubble or whatever and shape the sideburns and whatever. Our DM has jumped all over this and guys are crying about how they now look like woods men. :)
I have a beard that's longer than 2 in. But I put in a religious accommodation form because I am Hebrew Israelite and I followed the Bible which instructs believers to have beards. I don't have a shaved waiver from the doctor and my beard is over 2 inches long, the only thing that happened is they took a picture of it and that was it, and I haven't heard anything else for over a year.
Screenshot_20190803-091422.png

Dumbo

If you really have a problem with ingrown hairs, try wet shaving. I've been using a merkur safety razor for 10 years, with real shaving soap, and a beaver hair brush, and it is so much better for your skin, and is the closest shave possible. It doesn't take much longer than using some overpriced :censored2:ty 8 blade razor.

I actually enjoy shaving and splashing that classic Clubman aftershave on my face for that little sting. Such a classic barber shop smell. Women love it. You will cut the :censored2: out of your face like Edward scissorhands at first but you will get used to it after the first week or so.

On Amazon you can buy everything you need and you'll save a ton of money in the long run.

Merkur Mk34c Double Edge Razor with Heavy Duty Short Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002A8JO1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sYyrDbWMEP9BN

Miusco Badger Hair Shaving Brush and Shaving Stand Set, Chrome Stand, Wooden Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G2W5IZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eZyrDbNS88M48

Feather Double Edge Blades, 50 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AGG3MNU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NZyrDb7179WDQ

Clubman after shave lotion 6 fl oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000053L6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_g0yrDbEBRNXGS

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007MW2ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_F0yrDbKXQXXAN

Last edited:

BigJamesBrown

Yeah well I'm not going to tell a story just to get is shaving note. I shave every day of my adult professional life sometimes twice a day and my face is as smooth as a baby's bottom, and everyone in feeders news that I don't get razor bumps so I doubt that story would work for me...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah well I'm not going to tell a story just to get is shaving note. I shave every day of my adult professional life sometimes twice a day and my face is as smooth as a baby's bottom, and everyone in feeders news that I don't get razor bumps so I doubt that story would work for me...
Don’t need a story just a doctors note. Outside of that it’s none of ups business

A.Spooner

What is considered “sculpting” of a beard, also it states the appearance standards are a “clean shaved face” so does that mean you don’t have to shave the neck/throat, and if you do have a shave waiver can shave that area as it would not be considered sculpting since it’s not your face?

Rack em

Made the Podium
What is considered “sculpting” of a beard, also it states the appearance standards are a “clean shaved face” so does that mean you don’t have to shave the neck/throat, and if you do have a shave waiver can shave that area as it would not be considered sculpting since it’s not your face?
Meaning no chin straps or anything that makes you look good. If you get a shave waiver it means you can't shave for medical reasons so Ups isn't going to allow you to game the system just because you want to look cool. Man up and shave every day like drivers have been doing for years, or you'll have to grow out a full beard and not just the style you want to grow.

Meaning no chin straps or anything that makes you look good. If you get a shave waiver it means you can't shave for medical reasons so Ups isn't going to allow you to game the system just because you want to look cool. Man up and shave every day like drivers have been doing for years, or you'll have to grow out a full beard and not just the style you want to grow.
You forgot about no shave Friday

A.Spooner

I’m not talking about chin straps or anything crazy. I’m specifically referencing the part of the waiver that states “clean shaven face” it does not reference the neck. So my question is can you shave your neck since it isn’t your face as defined in the waiver. Can you shave it on the weekend since i’m not working for UPS on the weekend? I’ve shaved everyday and continue to get rashes that break out, so I started shaving every other day at which point I got bitched at of course, and get ingrown hairs. So I really don’t need to justify it or rationalize it, just looking for actual helpful info here which I know is few and far between.

Brownslave688

I’m not talking about chin straps or anything crazy. I’m specifically referencing the part of the waiver that states “clean shaven face” it does not reference the neck. So my question is can you shave your neck since it isn’t your face as defined in the waiver. Can you shave it on the weekend since i’m not working for UPS on the weekend? I’ve shaved everyday and continue to get rashes that break out, so I started shaving every other day at which point I got bitched at of course, and get ingrown hairs. So I really don’t need to justify it or rationalize it, just looking for actual helpful info here which I know is few and far between.
That’s considered grooming. Everyone knows what clean shaven means. Don’t try to play games with it and you’ll be fine.

Brownslave688

Pretty much my exact scenario. I could shave every other day and be fine but they wanted to make a big deal out of it so I got a waiver.

If I want to look nice on the weekend I rarely shave but I’ll take a beard trimmer with no guard and trim up areas. Then once every could weeks I take the beard trimmer no guard to everything

OKLABob

Sometimes I skip shaving Thursday AND Friday so it's very obvious I didn't shave. I do it in hopes of being sent home on a Friday, but it never works :(
To be honest with you I shave Sunday and I let it go till the next Sunday. My sups don’t really say anything I don’t cover tats either.