Shaving?

Nickfury7

What do I do if everytime I shave I break out with bumps and a rash on my face, i tried all kinds of shaving creams, and razors. I went to thr doctors and he said he will write me a note to not shave, but I know UPS is very strict on drivers about shaving. And I dont want to get on management bad side by bringing that note in. What do you think they will say if i bring note in?

Our center has several drivers who have notes from their doctor, and they don't shave because of it. Most keep their beards neatly trimmed, and management says nothing to them. Get that note and stop shaving.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Get note, present to management, stop shaving.

They MAY try to get you to go to their doctor, but ignore that request, assuming that your doctor went to medical school

Nickfury7

No im white, and I can only shave 2-3 times a week. I cant do it everyday, because my face be so rashy, and bumpy. And I shave at night. Me not shaving, looks better then when I do shave because of all the red spots abd rashy. And ill pass on the electrolyte thing.

U

uber

I would imagine the dr could answer that. If he refers you, the insurance might cover it. It's worth checking into, if the issue bothers you enough.

I have some strays on my butt cheek that I wanna get zapped. Yay or nay?

Cementups

Box Monkey
No im white, and I can only shave 2-3 times a week. I cant do it everyday, because my face be so rashy, and bumpy. And I shave at night. Me not shaving, looks better then when I do shave because of all the red spots abd rashy. And ill pass on the electrolyte thing.

I shave Monday, Wednesday and Friday and never have a word said to me about it. Of course, I'm of Irish descent and have a pretty slow growth rate of facial hair as well as fairer/sensitive skin. Try my 3 day shave plan and see how it goes. Just don't bring attention to yourself about it.

Also, do not pass on electrolytes. They are very important so your hydration needs. Electrolysis on the other hand you can pass on.

I actually looking into having my facial hair removed by laser treatment and was quoted $200 per treatment and it would take approximately 4 visits to be hair free. To me $800 would be so much better than the hassle of shaving as well as the rashy red bumps, especially nonce the hotter and more humid months come along.

DS

Fenderbender
You could go this route.Just tell them you are a trans gender Muslim:happy2:
upslogoburka.jpg

satellitedriver

I suffered for decades with ingrown hairs, due to my past shaving habits.
I no longer have them.
This is what I do.
Soften the facial hair with hot water, basically scrub and clean your face with hot water before shaving.
Never shave against the grain of your hair growth. Use a smooth downward stroke and try not to repeatedly go over the same area.
Always use a sharp, clean fresh blade.
Two things really turned the tide for me.
I use an Atra pivot head twin blade razor.
I use EDGE shaving cream-(it is not the foamy standard crap)-.
Found this link and had to laugh at myself.
I am not African-American, but if I would have just posted the link I could have saved myself alot of typing.
http://www.menscience.com/African-American-Shaving-Tips_ep_174.htm

menotyou

bella amicizia
I suffered for decades with ingrown hairs, due to my past shaving habits.
I no longer have them.
This is what I do.
Soften the facial hair with hot water, basically scrub and clean your face with hot water before shaving.
Never shave against the grain of your hair growth. Use a smooth downward stroke and try not to repeatedly go over the same area.
Always use a sharp, clean fresh blade.
Two things really turned the tide for me.
I use an Atra pivot head twin blade razor.
I use EDGE shaving cream-(it is not the foamy standard crap)-.
Found this link and had to laugh at myself.
I am not African-American, but if I would have just posted the link I could have saved myself alot of typing.
http://www.menscience.com/African-American-Shaving-Tips_ep_174.htm
My Dad uses Edge. :)