Shipper Release at Signature Required "4" Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

over9five

Staff member
Is it allowed?

How do you "do it" in the DIAD?

Any way for the homeowner to get off UPS's ......ummmmmm......list?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is it allowed?

How do you "do it" in the DIAD?

Any way for the homeowner to get off UPS's ......ummmmmm......list?
I put them in will call per diad instructions.
04262010222.jpg

over9five

Staff member
But that's for packages not left due to driver discretion.

I mean when you can't leave it because UPS has the house on signature required status.

I've had that happen at one address on my route. I had to sheet it up as not in 1. It was the customer who had called in and said they did not want their packages left on the porch. Just more paid send agains.

browndevil

Are you talking about a pp service code? If so, I have a non DR house due to a tracer so I called my sup and he said we can Dr b/c shipper releases UPS responsibility. Oh crap, one of those soft keys on the left will give it a release number and then it will allow you do DR. As far as getting off list, customer is either going to have to move or die

Big Babooba

Once again UPS has come up with a new Catch-22 situation to keep its minions up all night, pondering the answer to this puzzle. Do I release the package and violate the signature required status of that address? Should I get a signature and violate the shipper release status of the package? Or should I just say **** it, select "not found" in the details for the package and toss it in a trash?

bigbrownhen

Yes, a BASIC package can be realeased at a no-dr residence. There is a REL NUB that will show up in the screen. One of those little keys at the top. After you hit it, there will be a box show up with numbers in it, hit enter and release as a normal dr. I have done it several times. This is how we were told to handle basics at no-dr's in a PCM.

over9five

Staff member
Are you talking about a pp service code? If so, I have a non DR house due to a tracer so I called my sup and he said we can Dr b/c shipper releases UPS responsibility. Oh crap, one of those soft keys on the left will give it a release number and then it will allow you do DR. As far as getting off list, customer is either going to have to move or die

Well, I don't think I want to kill him....

Once again UPS has come up with a new Catch-22 situation to keep its minions up all night, pondering the answer to this puzzle. Do I release the package and violate the signature required status of that address? Should I get a signature and violate the shipper release status of the package? Or should I just say **** it, select "not found" in the details for the package and toss it in a trash?
Hmmm, the trash option is looking good....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I t used to be a Full Time Supervisor or Dispatch Sup could remove a "Code 4" or No Driver Release in my Center. But now the LP person decides this where I am at. I guess it varies by location. I have a few addresses that were given Code 4s for small $20 claims, which I thought was ridiculous. We used to have this one supervisor that really went overboard handing those out. It took me a while to get most of those removed. A lot of those were caused by Cover Drivers running my route and missdelivering packages. One of the problems I have run into is that somebody moves and the new occupant is unable to have packages delivered.

bigbrownhen

I have a bunch of duplexes on my route. A few were no-dr's, and when they moved, I turned in the last name of the new occupants, and the no dr was dropped. Of course, it takes a little while, but about a week or so, and the no-dr is gone. I just explain to the new occupants they will need to sign for awhile until our system is updated.

iruhnman630

We've been told to sign the sig screen as 'shipper release.'

I brought up the question about using the RelNum softkey as a few of us had been doing, but was told that this the 'shipper release' signature is what loss prevention wants.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Nobody heard this from me, but if you "override" the street name and then hit big arrow down, it removes all driver release levels (including 4) from the notes column. Go to the pkg screen and type in "basic" in the remarks column and release package. Before you hit stop complete, go back up to the address screen, into the street name, and just big arrow over. The level 4 release will re-appear, and then all you have to do is stop complete. Just know that this should never be done at a non-D/R residence if the package is not shipper release.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
A lot of those were caused by Cover Drivers running my route and missdelivering packages. .

Would you believe earlier this spring I recovered a package that was mis-delivered 7 months previous? A fellow cover driver released it to the right house number, but the wrong street, and it sat on the residents front porch for 7 months and they didn't bother to call UPS? I was dumbfounded.

tracker2762

You didn't here this from me either, This is for a shipper release signature required package.
Scan package , change the address number, select dr option and then change address to the original. stop complete.

We can't do this we have to bring back to center as a will call which doesn't make much sense if there is no liability to UPS

UPSGUY72

As my Sup said if you don't release it your going enddup on another list so just use the release number key and leave it UPS isn't resposible for it once you deliver it.

PhatAzz

Yes, a BASIC package can be realeased at a no-dr residence. There is a REL NUB that will show up in the screen. One of those little keys at the top. After you hit it, there will be a box show up with numbers in it, hit enter and release as a normal dr. I have done it several times. This is how we were told to handle basics at no-dr's in a PCM.

This is the correct way to deliver a "Shipper Release" pkg at a "No DR allowed" address. (Or any other address for that matter) Hit the "Deliver" button just like you would a regular DR stop and then the "RelNum" softkey on the left side of the screen. The release number may or may not show on the screen for you to verify. The Release Number is the last three digits of the shipper number backwards. Then choose the location where you left it. You should be using this on every "Shipper Release" pkg instead of "Driver Release" You should never have a Shipper Release pkg for a send again.

browned out

That is what we are instructed to do at our center.

tarbar66

This is the correct way to deliver a "Shipper Release" pkg at a "No DR allowed" address. (Or any other address for that matter) Hit the "Deliver" button just like you would a regular DR stop and then the "RelNum" softkey on the left side of the screen. The release number may or may not show on the screen for you to verify. The Release Number is the last three digits of the shipper number backwards. Then choose the location where you left it. You should be using this on every "Shipper Release" pkg instead of "Driver Release" You should never have a Shipper Release pkg for a send again.

For all you rookies, "Release Number" was what a few shippers authorized us to use back when we had to get signatures for all residential packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.