Shippers you wish UPS dropped

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish dish network's left hand knew what their right hand was doing on the call tags. Otherwise I'm on board with more the merrier! Of course, it would also be nice if UPS hired more drivers so we could deliver these pkgs, instead of more sups to stand around watching people work....

We had a PCM where we were told not to put a call tag on a Dish Network return that already had an RS tag. I guess DN was getting billed twice as a result.

As for shippers, while there are some that are a pain, I would not want to lose any of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone who puts duplicate barcodes on multiple packages. I always want to del 1 barcode and put the dups in the dumpster, good luck with that claim!

Thats stealing, I always bring those back to the hub and put an SDS label on the package the shipper will be billed

Sheet the first as a regular stop and sheet each of the others as dup stop. The shipper will also be billed.

BrownTexas

They were 4 oversize pkgs with 1 barcode. REALLY wanted to dr to dumpster, back over them, fill out a nda label with shipper # and sent them to Hawaii. But I just del them as my sup instructed.... people.
When I see this I just type their shipper number into the blank area when you scan it and put dup in the remarks. 2 dups or 20 dups. I have every package in my diad.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Every time.
Yeah, they still do. They're still paying for the shipping for all 3 so I don't think they're doing anything wrong...unless they ask for credit on all the tracking numbers that don't show as delivered. I personally always break them apart and scan them on delivery, but I'm sure most guys can't be bothered with it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We had a PCM where we were told not to put a call tag on a Dish Network return that already had an RS tag. I guess DN was getting billed twice as a result.

If we have a call tag we have to sheet it. A shipper isn't billed for an ARS tag until it's used but they are billed for the call tag whether used or not, so if they have an ARS tag on the box and the call tag is for the same thing I put the call tag over the ARS and only scan the call tag.

I don't know how you guys get separate PCMS that no one else seems to get.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Not one shipper we have would I want dropped. dish are easy stops. Avon made the route tight in the not so nice parts of town. Pottery barn and restoration hardware ALMOST ALWAYS get left behind for a 22.3 to deliver thanks to blown out trucks. When did you all get so soft?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, they still do. They're still paying for the shipping for all 3 so I don't think they're doing anything wrong...unless they ask for credit on all the tracking numbers that don't show as delivered. I personally always break them apart and scan them on delivery, but I'm sure most guys can't be bothered with it.

We are not talking about bundled packages that have come apart-----we are talking about separate packages which the shipper is using the same barcode on.

I picked up 2 Saturday NDA medical sample packages from a drop box a few weeks ago. They were from Planned Parenthood. They both had the same 1Z. I set them aside and showed them to my on-car when I got back to the center. He asked me to make a photo copy of them so that he could submit a revenue adjustment to the shipper. We are talking at least $50 in shipping charges (if not more).

oldngray

nowhere special
We are not talking about bundled packages that have come apart-----we are talking about separate packages which the shipper is using the same barcode on.

I picked up 2 Saturday NDA medical sample packages from a drop box a few weeks ago. They were from Planned Parenthood. They both had the same 1Z. I set them aside and showed them to my on-car when I got back to the center. He asked me to make a photo copy of them so that he could submit a revenue adjustment to the shipper. We are talking at least $50 in shipping charges (if not more).

Same label is probably most common with internet shipping where they just print multiple copies of the same label.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same label is probably most common with internet shipping where they just print multiple copies of the same label.

Granted, there are times when the label is faxed to the consignee and they may think that it is for the whole shipment, but most of the time when the same label is used for two or more packages it is done with the intent to defraud the carrier.

oldngray

nowhere special
Granted, there are times when the label is faxed to the consignee and they may think that it is for the whole shipment, but most of the time when the same label is used for two or more packages it is done with the intent to defraud the carrier.

Sometimes it will be packages bundled together with the weight (and charges paid) for the whole bundle, but shipper will put same label on every package in case the packages get separated. In that situation the shipper was just being careful and no intent to defraud. Totally different with most internet shipments though.

Pooter

Home Depot, Wal mart and Pottery Barn.

Hate saying HD because the receiving dept are awesome on our routes but I hate 7ft carpets, grills, mowers and practically gazebos.

As for WM and PB, they can :censored2: off and die along with apartments :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sometimes it will be packages bundled together with the weight (and charges paid) for the whole bundle, but shipper will put same label on every package in case the packages get separated. In that situation the shipper was just being careful and no intent to defraud. Totally different with most internet shipments though.

This is why I said we are not talking about bundled packages here. That is completely different.

I have seen labels produced by our software (not online) with the same 1Z used on multiple packages.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Home Depot, Wal mart and Pottery Barn.

Hate saying HD because the receiving dept are awesome on our routes but I hate 7ft carpets, grills, mowers and practically gazebos.

As for WM and PB, they can :censored2: off and die along with apartments :)
You forgot West Elm...they suck as much as PB!! and Harley Davidson with their 50Lb tires shipped in boxes.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

As for shippers, while there are some that are a pain, I would not want to lose any of them.
If we have a call tag we have to sheet it. A shipper isn't billed for an ARS tag until it's used but they are billed for the call tag whether used or not, so if they have an ARS tag on the box and the call tag is for the same thing I put the call tag over the ARS and only scan the call tag.

I don't know how you guys get separate PCMS that no one else seems to get.

TooTechie is right.

That PCM sounds backwards. If you put the call tag over the RS label, the RS label is never registered so DN pays for the call tag only.
Even if you cancel the call tag and use the RS label, they have been charged already for the call tag and now will be charged for the RS.
That's where the duplicate billing is occurring.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm not sure if I would ever want any account to disappear off my truck.

I do think UPS is ridiculous in thinking 150lb packages are OK.
And the oversized boxes that are so beaten and torn from getting thrown into the trains, UPS should have those metal train corners rubberized. That may cut down on damage claims.