Shippers you wish UPS dropped

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not sure if I would ever want any account to disappear off my truck.

I do think UPS is ridiculous in thinking 150lb packages are OK.
And the oversized boxes that are so beaten and torn from getting thrown into the trains, UPS should have those metal train corners rubberized. That may cut down on damage claims.
Or the PTers could just be properly trained in the art of taping a box prior to loading....or refuse to load a damaged package...especially an overweight!

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to pick up at a tire warehouse and it was awful. They would bundle 2 or 3 tires together to save money and they wasted huge amounts of space in the truck. 40 or 50 "packages" of tires would fill up a P1000. The customer service rep who set up the pickup had the attitude of all volume is equal and even gave the shipper a discount. UPS had to constantly send extra trucks there to pick up so probably lost money on the whole deal. The tire place eventually closed the warehouse here and moved to S Carolina where labor was cheaper and screwed all of its long term employees.

upschuck

Even if you cancel the call tag and use the RS label, they have been charged already for the call tag and now will be charged for the RS.
If you cancel the CT, then they do not pay for the shipping part of it, and only pay for the PU part which is legitimate.

oldngray

nowhere special
Staples here will ship heavy items like a lot of paper by a courier and smaller items and just a couple of boxes of paper UPS. Often the courier and UPS will be delivering at the same time. I felt sorry for the courier as I watched him lug loads of paper upstairs. I would hold the door for him though.

barnyard

KTM rider
Rather than kick an account to the curb, I would rather have sales do a more effective job of pricing. ADP, for example, ships checks NDA to businesses that do not need the checks for another day or 2. Why are they not shipped ND Saver?? A shipper like ADP, NDA should be priced so high, that Saver is there default.

I have ADP customers that say they have repeatedly asked for ND Saver and told that they only ship NDA. The route that I am running next week, has 3 dairy farms that all use ADP and all have said that they do not need the checks before 10:30.

I would like to kick the sales dude in the store for setting up that account.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have tried in vain to get several of my stops to call ADP to get their service level changed to NDA SVR. It is absurd that I have to rush to get their checks delivered by 1030 when the regular guy is there before 3.

Resident know-it-all.

barnyard

KTM rider
My in laws had dish. I delivered the empty boxes when they quit and told them to get them packed up, so a tag would not be needed. A month later, I got the call tag. They were billed for it. Every time a tag is issued, Dish is billing for it. I do not resent Dish for that, I have contempt for the mental midgets that get a box with a return label and are too stupid to put the label on the box. "I was not sure where to put the label."

Idiots.

oldngray

nowhere special
Rather than kick an account to the curb, I would rather have sales do a more effective job of pricing. ADP, for example, ships checks NDA to businesses that do not need the checks for another day or 2. Why are they not shipped ND Saver?? A shipper like ADP, NDA should be priced so high, that Saver is there default.

I have ADP customers that say they have repeatedly asked for ND Saver and told that they only ship NDA. The route that I am running next week, has 3 dairy farms that all use ADP and all have said that they do not need the checks before 10:30.

I would like to kick the sales dude in the store for setting up that account.

That sales dude probably gave them a discounted rate so the charge for those NDAs is probably only about as much as a Saver would normally cost. Its like hey! free upgrade to NDA! from the sales dept without any consideration of how it affects operations.

My in laws had dish. I delivered the empty boxes when they quit and told them to get them packed up, so a tag would not be needed. A month later, I got the call tag. They were billed for it. Every time a tag is issued, Dish is billing for it. I do not resent Dish for that, I have contempt for the mental midgets that get a box with a return label and are too stupid to put the label on the box. "I was not sure where to put the label."

Idiots.
I had a lady throw out the empty dish box.
Put the ARS label on the equipment and asked me to take it.
I said can't take it without a box, she looked at me like I was the crazy one.

barnyard

KTM rider
That sales dude probably gave them a discounted rate so the charge for those NDAs is probably only about as much as a Saver would normally cost. Its like hey! free upgrade to NDA! from the sales dept without any consideration of how it affects operations.

And that is why the sales dude should be kicked in the nads. Give the discount on Saver and punch up the premium of NDA.

Every route I have run, the over/under is adversely affected by the number of NDA that I have to break trace to do.

If UPS wants to cut miles, they would quit discounting NDA and deeply discount NDA Saver.

barnyard

KTM rider
How about when you get an on call and go to make the pickup and see its just an ARS? The customer just got a free pickup since the shipping charges didn't include the on call fee.

Either the customer calling in the PU had to pay or the shipper did. I just picked up an NDA RS and the customer had to give me a check for the PU.