Shop Owner Says UPS Offers To Pay For Packages Tossed In Dumpster

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Shop Owner Says UPS Offers To Pay For Packages Tossed In Dumpster - CBS

A Brooklyn mechanic shop owner says UPS has offered to compensate him for two packages that were tossed into a dumpster by a deliveryman.

In an exclusive interview, Eric Nocera told CBS2’s Marc Liverman a couple weeks ago, he ordered a set of $1,000 headlights for a car he was repairing.

He later noticed a note saying two packages had been placed into his dumpster. When he looked inside, there was nothing there. So he checked his surveillance cameras.

“He looks around, sees that I’m closed,” Nocera said. “He puts them on the ground, looks around. I see him scan the two packages, and he opens the dumpster.”

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Rookie Driver- “Well it’s past 5 and he’s closed, what do you want me to do?”

ORS- “ We can’t have missed pieces, can you leave them anywhere?”

Rookie Driver- “Everyone else is closed also, I didn’t see it in my board till 6 becuase ORION had me delivering residentials for 4 hours before”

ORS- “ We can’t have missed pieces, if you can’t figure out how to get rid of it, you’ll be in the office in the morning”

Rookie Driver (fears he’ll get in trouble) Ok, I’ll figure something out”

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Shop Owner Says UPS Offers To Pay For Packages Tossed In Dumpster - CBS

A Brooklyn mechanic shop owner says UPS has offered to compensate him for two packages that were tossed into a dumpster by a deliveryman.

In an exclusive interview, Eric Nocera told CBS2’s Marc Liverman a couple weeks ago, he ordered a set of $1,000 headlights for a car he was repairing.

He later noticed a note saying two packages had been placed into his dumpster. When he looked inside, there was nothing there. So he checked his surveillance cameras.

“He looks around, sees that I’m closed,” Nocera said. “He puts them on the ground, looks around. I see him scan the two packages, and he opens the dumpster.”
If I had to guess of why he did that.

#1. He couldn't squeeze them between the building and dumpster.

#2. The owner has mean dogs or a mean dog. We all know you can't release items like that at a business. He made a decision even with two cameras on him. You can see the dog in the door window if you expand the picture and business dogs in the Bronx are not Snoopy or Goliath.

I do like his management team. I see it all over on here where they pay grievances and UPS is paying bills like this for $1,000.

Mine are grizzled beyond belief. I'd be paying the $1,000 out of my own pocket for not following the methods. Guaranteed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I had to guess of why he did that.

#1. He couldn't squeeze them between the building and dumpster.

#2. The owner has mean dogs or a mean dog. We all know you can't release items like that at a business. He made a decision even with two cameras on him. You can see the dog in the door window if you expand the picture and business dogs in the Bronx are not Snoopy or Goliath.

I do like his management team. I see it all over on here where they pay grievances and UPS is paying bills like this for $1,000.

Mine are grizzled beyond belief. I'd be paying the $1,000 out of my own pocket for not following the methods. Guaranteed.
"We all know you can't release items like that at a business."

Well you're not supposed to DR businesses period.

I'll bet the shop owner either has a sig on file. (Unlikely)

Or the driver used CIR

Poop Head

Judge me.
"We all know you can't release items like that at a business."

Well you're not supposed to DR businesses period.

I'll bet the shop owner either has a sig on file. (Unlikely)

Or the driver used CIR
Maybe they were "shipper release"?
Most likely not, since ups is flipping the bill.

UPS Horn Genie

Have you blown your horn today?
Tsk tsk! So sad! He simply could have blown his horn three times and I would have appeared and granted him a wish to remedy this disaster! How embarrassing!

A sample wish for this service provider? How about "I wish I were home instead, rubbing my bottle or blowing my horn and a supervisor running the route in my place!" Voila.

Always blow your horn, daily. I am at your service.

Toot toot!

Indecisi0n

Tsk tsk! So sad! He simply could have blown his horn three times and I would have appeared and granted him a wish to remedy this disaster! How embarrassing!

A sample wish for this service provider? How about "I wish I were home instead, rubbing my bottle or blowing my horn and a supervisor running the route in my place!" Voila.

Always blow your horn, daily. I am at your service.

Toot toot!
Can I request your services? I'm ready to blow your horn.