Short on carwashers

jada miller

Our building currently has 1 carwasher to wash and park trucks.
They ad far as we know haven't made any attempts to hire anyone. Instead they have allowed a 22.4 driver to help after he gets back to the building.
If they are allowing drivers to help park trucks at the end of the night shouldn't it be offered by seniority first?
I'm a part time driver who has stated many times I would gas, wash and park trucks at night but I get no response.
I have signed every extra work sheet we have and I have atleast 10 years on this 22.4 guy

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They ad far as we know haven't made any attempts to hire anyone. Instead they have allowed a 22.4 driver to help after he gets back to the building.
If they are allowing drivers to help park trucks at the end of the night shouldn't it be offered by seniority first?
I'm a part time driver who has stated many times I would gas, wash and park trucks at night but I get no response.
I have signed every extra work sheet we have and I have atleast 10 years on this 22.4 guy
Sorry Jada all you get is 3.5 Fulltime trumps part time

542thruNthru

But he's Full Time and a Combo

jada miller

You wouldn’t be able to do this here. Our car washers are in the mechanics union. Not our work.
They shouldn't be able to.do that here either. It's been an ongoing battle for 3 months. It will stop for a few weeks after I say something then right back to this one guy doing it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not really.
You can do a little bit of car park when you get back, getting your car in the lineup and cleaning up the neighbors cars won't really bat too many eyelids unless they really are scrutinizing your PM building time.
newer guys, just understand that they might (not always and especially around peak, but sometimes) treat hitting other vehicles in the lineup inordinately seriously if you are a driver. Way less so if you are a genuine car parker, don't question the politics behind it, just take your time and ask for spotters.
high seniority PT would get the work first around this specific region. But you might have to bid the position if the company pushes it.

Last edited:

Yolo

He's guaranteed 40 hours. You are guaranteed 3.5 hours. Like it's not even "extra work" for him. He is a combo employee.