Shots fired at UPS HUB

J

jibbs

Well I didn't do that...but another fellow must have more scientific knowledge than me.

No, no, I didn't mean you-- "you" was referring to whoever in that situation received frozen baby wipes.

But yeah, I'm pretty science-y when it comes to :censored2:in' things up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok, so I'm not a scientist or anything but even if stuff like that freezes it's in a sealed package so why would it still not be useable once you let it thaw out to room temp? The wipey wipes would still be in their folded sheet form right? So you wipe little Johnny's ass with cold wipes or do what most of us parents have done and warm them up in your hand doesn't seem all that difficult to me.
They might've not held up well once they defrosted....but that's why I go to the store and buy my groceries and things...instead of ordering online from Walmart or amazon..

Last edited:
J

jibbs

They might've not held up well once they defrosted....but that's why I go to the store and buy my groceries and things...instead of ordering online from Walmart or amazon..

In some (busy) areas, there are grocery stores that offer delivery straight from the store. Pretty sweet deal if you're lazy af. (I would think NY would have that kind of thing available.)

I would think it would cost a lot, though.

Agreed on ordering perishable :censored2: from Amazon or Walmart, though. Definitely don't do that.

tacken

Shots fired outside Jacksonville UPS center
No UPS employees were involved and there was no impact to UPS service at the facility, according to the spokesperson.

So just a bad neighborhood?

The thread title is misleading.
Well thank heavens there is no impact on service. That would be terrible.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In some (busy) areas, there are grocery stores that offer delivery straight from the store. Pretty sweet deal if you're lazy af. (I would think NY would have that kind of thing available.)

I would think it would cost a lot, though.

Agreed on ordering perishable :censored2: from Amazon or Walmart, though. Definitely don't do that.
They do have home delivery...not sure how much it costs...I never looked into it. I'm all for online purchases to save money. But heated trailers to protect the packages?? C'mon...if UPS didnt have to provide us employees with heat...they wouldn't...lol

oldngray

nowhere special
They do have home delivery...not sure how much it costs...I never looked into it. I'm all for online purchases to save money. But heated trailers to protect the packages?? C'mon...if UPS didnt have to provide us employees with heat...they wouldn't...lol

Like when UPS cut holes in the heater ducts to keep DIADs warm instead of the heat going to warm the driver's feet?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Like when UPS cut holes in the heater ducts to keep DIADs warm instead of the heat going to warm the driver's feet?
Or when they provide us with coolers of bottled water in the summer and the PT sups drink most of it. I'm sorry, are you sweating..is your polo shirt too warm??