Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Yes-right leaning

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • No-right leaning

Votes: 26 50.0%

• Total voters

bbsam

Staff member
It was a free market in my occurrences ... I negotiated and we came to a cash price!
Each side had the chance to walk away.
Individuals still carry on 'free market' exchanges all the time.
Have the stuff I buy (fund-wise) is with an individual and I walk away all the time and I get rejected all the time.
Just bought two Honda generators for less than the retail/store price for one.
A charade. Proven by 2009 bailouts and tax cuts that haven’t paid for themselves.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It was a free market in my occurrences ... I negotiated and we came to a cash price!
Each side had the chance to walk away.
Individuals still carry on 'free market' exchanges all the time.
Half the stuff I buy (fund-wise) is with an individual and I walk away all the time and I get rejected all the time.
Just bought two Honda generators for less than the retail/store price for one.
A charade. Proven by 2009 bailouts and tax cuts that haven’t paid for themselves.
LOL
OK
Did you read my post?

vantexan

For a guy counting off the days until he can sign up for Medicare it would appear that you don't know much about the ACA.
Your party is actively seeking to give Medicare-for-All which would eliminate private insurance. And why am I counting the days, exactly?

vantexan

Yes. And your generator purchase while amusing could have taken place in China or Russia as well.
In China it most likely wouldn't have been a Honda generator but a poorly built knock off. In Russia only the wealthy who had it special ordered would get a Honda generator. There's no Home Depot to run down to. Why do you hate the United States?

bbsam

Staff member
In China it most likely wouldn't have been a Honda generator but a poorly built knock off. In Russia only the wealthy who had it special ordered would get a Honda generator. There's no Home Depot to run down to. Why do you hate the United States?
I don’t. Simply a fact that in non free market states people often buy or do not buy goods and services depending upon negotiated price.

MAKAVELI

Turned out when I had a big hospital bill in September that if you're a self pay they reduce the bill to approximately what I would owe if I had insurance. So two things, insurance today still leads to having a sizeable bill that hurts average Americans, and you're not really worse off not having insurance. Assuming of course that the large hospital I went to is typical.

No, forcing private insurance to cover pre-existing conditions and the indigent drives up costs.
Lowering the bill because you had no insurance would indicate insurance drives up costs. Ttku...

vantexan

Lowering the bill because you had no insurance would indicate insurance drives up costs. Ttku...
No, as I already pointed out insurance companies have already negotiated much lower fees with hospital systems. But if you walk in without insurance you're going to see a jacked up rate. If you tell them you can't pay that most hospitals will immediately lower the bill considerably. My stepmother used to go to emergency room a couple of times a year to once every two years or so. They'd hit my father with a huge bill but he'd tell them he didn't have the money. They would immediately lower it down quite a bit. This happened in numerous hospitals in several states. The hospital I went to didn't negotiate, it was automatic for self pay. Took the bill from $33k to about $7000.

MAKAVELI

No, as I already pointed out insurance companies have already negotiated much lower fees with hospital systems. But if you walk in without insurance you're going to see a jacked up rate. If you tell them you can't pay that most hospitals will immediately lower the bill considerably. My stepmother used to go to emergency room a couple of times a year to once every two years or so. They'd hit my father with a huge bill but he'd tell them he didn't have the money. They would immediately lower it down quite a bit. This happened in numerous hospitals in several states. The hospital I went to didn't negotiate, it was automatic for self pay. Took the bill from $33k to about $7000.
So you didn't need insurance to get a lower bill. Thanks for proving my point.