Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Yes-right leaning

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • No-right leaning

Votes: 26 50.0%

• Total voters

El Correcto

god is dead
It’d be interesting to watch the democrats get enough votes to impeach and move forward with it. Make the idiot a martyr, swing that pendulum full speed to the right.

I think it’d be less damaging to the leftist to let him finish his presidency.

Box Ox

I hope they do manage to impeach the man.

Even if not everybody would agree with impeachment, I'd want them to understand why it's happening. So we should wait for Mueller to wrap up his report.

Yesterday was a :censored2:show for Trump, but it won't be enough to point to when you're telling country folk that the guy they voted for should be removed from office. They'll feel like you're calling them idiots and will respond accordingly.

If Mueller's report reveals exactly why Trump is Putin's poodle and cock gobbler, things will be very different.

bacha29

It’d be interesting to watch the democrats get enough votes to impeach and move forward with it. Make the idiot a martyr, swing that pendulum full speed to the right.

I think it’d be less damaging to the leftist to let him finish his presidency.
I'm no expert when it comes to politics or the science thereof but here are the possible scenarios i fear the most.
1. Robert Mueller uncovers an international bank fraud, money laundering, tax evasion. obstruction of justice conspiracy in which the Trump organization was involved so egregious and so pervasive that it brings down the global banking system and plunges the world into a global depression so deep that recovery will take generations and possibly WWIII.

2. Articles of impeachment based on incontrovertible evidence are introduced but fails in the House by members who choose to place their political careers ahead of their duties.

3. Articles of impeachment are passed when Trump is indicted on numerous charges but refuses to leave claiming that he has the power to pardon himself. The Supreme Court along with Trump's new minion Brent Kavanaugh votes 5-4 in favor of Trump bringing about a civil unrest not seen since the 1960's.

4. The 2020 GOP national convention pits the Trump backers against the Republican moderates alternative candidate (Ben Sasse?). The moderates
prevail leaving a bitter and obviously vindictive lame duck president in the White House whose behavior becomes increasingly and possibly dangerously erratic .

Instead of laughing off and dismissing these scenarios and or launching personal attacks let's hear some of your own.

vantexan

I'm no expert when it comes to politics or the science thereof but here are the possible scenarios i fear the most.
1. Robert Mueller uncovers an international bank fraud, money laundering, tax evasion. obstruction of justice conspiracy in which the Trump organization was involved so egregious and so pervasive that it brings down the global banking system and plunges the world into a global depression so deep that recovery will take generations and possibly WWIII.

2. Articles of impeachment based on incontrovertible evidence are introduced but fails in the House by members who choose to place their political careers ahead of their duties.

3. Articles of impeachment are passed when Trump is indicted on numerous charges but refuses to leave claiming that he has the power to pardon himself. The Supreme Court along with Trump's new minion Brent Kavanaugh votes 5-4 in favor of Trump bringing about a civil unrest not seen since the 1960's.

4. The 2020 GOP national convention pits the Trump backers against the Republican moderates alternative candidate (Ben Sasse?). The moderates
prevail leaving a bitter and obviously vindictive lame duck president in the White House whose behavior becomes increasingly and possibly dangerously erratic .

Instead of laughing off and dismissing these scenarios and or launching personal attacks let's hear some of your own.
If Mueller had anything remotely close to what you're saying charges would've been brought by now. And really, bring down the international banking system? And Kavanaugh is considered the top legal mind in the country outside of the Supreme Court. He's hardly Trump's "new" minion. The whole Mueller investigation is based on lies concocted by top people in our intelligence and justice arenas with the express purpose of bringing down the president. The real fun is when the indictments begin to be handed out the various actors involved.

El Correcto

god is dead

Trump can’t unimpeach himself. It wouldn’t be a criminal indictment.

If GOP split they’d lose trump won’t be primaried.

Impeachment would be no brainer. I think a lot of the moderates like Susan Collins and others in at risk districts would love a solid case for impeachment to vote for with democrats.

The first thing is rainbows and unicorns.

Sportello

If Mueller had anything remotely close to what you're saying charges would've been brought by now. And really, bring down the international banking system? And Kavanaugh is considered the top legal mind in the country outside of the Supreme Court. He's hardly Trump's "new" minion. The whole Mueller investigation is based on lies concocted by top people in our intelligence and justice arenas with the express purpose of bringing down the president. The real fun is when the indictments begin to be handed out the various actors involved.

Mueller is not going to finish this until all facts are known and it is an airtight case. The fact that it is ongoing, in spite of pressure, is telling.

The indictments are coming very soon, and to Americans this time. I smell an actual Constitutional crisis, which is why Kavanaugh is important. By the way, he is not considered 'the top legal mind' outside of SCOTUS. Qualified? Perhaps. The best? Not by a long shot.

Are you allowed to watch the series "The Americans" in the former Soviet Union? This isn't new.

Sportello

tRUmp and his cronies aren't wealthy enough to bring down the system, no matter how much money he's laundered and taxes he didn't pay. Look up 'asset forfeiture'.

Won't happen.

Crazy talk.

More crazy talk.

I'll follow up in a few days, but the Republic is stronger than this aberration called tRUmp.

vantexan

Mueller is not going to finish this until all facts are known and it is an airtight case. The fact that it is ongoing, in spite of pressure, is telling.

The indictments are coming very soon, and to Americans this time. I smell an actual Constitutional crisis, which is why Kavanaugh is important. By the way, he is not considered 'the top legal mind' outside of SCOTUS. Qualified? Perhaps. The best? Not by a long shot.

Are you allowed to watch the series "The Americans" in the former Soviet Union? This isn't new.
By a long shot. He's been on what's considered the second highest court in the land for what is it, 10 years? 12? He teaches law at three of the best universities in America. And pretty much everyone agrees he has the best legal mind outside of the Supreme Court. Clerked for Kennedy by the way.

I watched the whole season of "The Americans" over here on my Dish app.

So far none of the indictments point to Russian collusion. None. And Mueller has said Trump isn't a target of the investigation. Unless he comes up with something new that changes that then there's nothing.

El Correcto

god is dead

It’s all good that you’re thinking. The scenario that I’d want out of this is trump impeached in first term, if this “blue wave” manages to happen. Then outrage drives republicans to polls and we get someone who is even further right elected democrats waste their house control impeaching trump and pay for it in the long run.

Sportello

It’s all good that you’re thinking. The scenario that I’d want out of this is trump impeached in first term, if this “blue wave” manages to happen. Then outrage drives republicans to polls and we get someone who is even further right elected democrats waste their house control impeaching trump and pay for it in the long run.
Bannon - Miller 2020.

Sportello

Here is what R's could do (not my list, and 6 won't happen):

1. Compel disclosure of Trump's tax returns.
2. Pass Mueller protection bill.
3. Remove Devin Nunes from HPSCI.
4. Pass censure resolution.
5. Subpoena his business records unless he liquidates his assets.
6. Impeach and remove.

bacha29

Kavanaugh a top legal mind huh? This guy while serving as a legal secretary for the Bush administration wrote a paper urging Congress to pass a law whereby a president due to his enormous responsibilities could NOT be indicted on criminal charges while a sitting president. This legal opinion came from a so called top legal mind. Yes, I could see where small matters such as perjury, obstruction, conspiracy, war crimes etc should not result in charges until the president leaves office. That and comments he made regarding the length of detention of alleged terrorists while serving in the Bush administration are among the many questions he's going to have to try to dance around if he wants confirmation.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Here is what R's could do (not my list, and 6 won't happen):

1. Compel disclosure of Trump's tax returns.
2. Pass Mueller protection bill.
3. Remove Devin Nunes from HPSCI.
4. Pass censure resolution.
5. Subpoena his business records unless he liquidates his assets.
6. Impeach and remove.
Damn!
You’re on a roll today!
I can’t even get enough interest to investigate all these obvious lies! :wink-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't see any evidence for impeachment yet. The dude can't string two sentences together without lying so if ever sits down with Mueller he'll probably hand them the rope for perjury/obstruction but absent that it will be up to the voters in 2020.