Should I apply in person?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you went in, in person, they would sit you in front of a computer to fill out your application. Did you complete the parts that you needed to complete? They may be in the midst of hiring helpers now, and don't have the time to do tours.
Luckiest/unluckiest day of my life.

Walked into ups to apply. Computers are down here's a paper application.

It was the most pathetic application ever. Like 4 questions. Name age what shift do you prefer? Do you know anyone who works for ups? That was it.

KAshMoney

It was the most pathetic application ever. Like 4 questions. Name age what shift do you prefer? Do you know anyone who works for ups? That was it.

Similar to the online application. Do you have transportation? Are you legal? Over 18? Lift 70 lbs? In school?

Great, which shift?

upschuck

I don't think I ever filled out an application. I knew someone, and they said to go to HR and sign the employment papers. Wahlah, still here many years later; they keep paying me, so I keep showing up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Application status says Pending and Complete says Yes. I just found it odd that the following day I saw it on monster. I will wait, I would prefer to start after peak anyway. If I do not hear back I will reapply in January.

If you are not hired for Peak there is no way you will be hired in January.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am inclined to think that is going to be the case, as well. Hopefully I am just being impatient and they bring me on for peak, and then retain me as a permanent position.
You have a baby on the way. It might be.best to have a backup plan in case that doesn't happen....because it's unlikely that it will. Just sayin.

KAshMoney

You have a baby on the way. It pays to have a backup plan in case that doesn't happen....because it's unlikely that it will. Just sayin.

Luckily, this is my backup plan, otherwise my wife will go back to work full-time, but the cost of childcare makes this a more appealing offer, and allows her to take care of the little one.