Should I quit FedEx for UPS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Long term guess is that FedEx will be around long after the union has buried UPS. Hope I'm wrong as I'm close to retiring from Brown. But at some point wages, benefits and being chronically top heavy with high paid management is going to cause problems.

UPS isn't going away. Even with a unionized workforce, they still make big money. That points to smart management and an efficient operation. Even with all of his freebies, Fred can only make money off Ground. That points to stupid leadership and an inefficient operation.

Packmule

UPS isn't going away. Even with a unionized workforce, they still make big money. That points to smart management and an efficient operation. Even with all of his freebies, Fred can only make money off Ground. That points to stupid leadership and an inefficient operation.
Well like I said, I'm close to retirement so I see vulnerability when others see steadfast. Hope both do well as my daughter and three granddaughters count on my FedEx manager son-in-law for their main income. Ironic isn't it?

vantexan

That points to the higher costs of transporting most Express freight by air. If FedEx can offer decent enough service at lower costs with Ground then UPS' market share will continue to erode. That's a huge problem for them with union wages and benefits. Not defending FedEx, and glad UPS drivers get what they get. But Smith et al have figured out a way to worm their way into the UPS customer base. Worms tend to rot bright shiny apples.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred and his buds overstuffing their pockets perhaps?

TheKid99

Well I skipped work for the interview and she said I could become a package driver in 1-2 years she said driver start off at $18 and top out at $36 and that I can drive part time as a handler so im jumping on this

MAKAVELI

Well I skipped work for the interview and she said I could become a package driver in 1-2 years she said driver start off at $18 and top out at $36 and that I can drive part time as a handler so im jumping on this
I think you should change your name to smartkid.

Cactus

Wise decision.

Cactus

The managers every morning suck the life out of all employees with their cesspool of talk and harassment.

Sent using BrownCafe App

yadig

Good luck! Trust me you made a wise choice. I believe Fedex is spirialing down hill and they don't know how to stop it. I have some time in this rat hole and I'm considering leaving for UPS Freight. We have drivers leavinag as fast as Fedex can train them...

chargerlou

I was hired as Shuttle/Handler 3 months ago

I just became a pt courier a month ago making $17.22/hr

I got an email today for Package Handler at UPS

Should I quit FedEx and go brown? if so what should I tell my manager?
Do it I did you will thank me in the long run. Be prepared to go out with a min of 175 deliveries it hard work but rewarding .