Should I quit FedEx for UPS

nineyearsUGH

Well I skipped work for the interview and she said I could become a package driver in 1-2 years she said driver start off at $18 and top out at $36 and that I can drive part time as a handler so im jumping on this

Good luck!
I encourage you to become an exception air driver, which you can do in addition to your pt inside job.
If a pt air-driving job opens, go for it. It's good experience, and the air progression is only two years--top rate about $25, rather than the new four year progression of ft. I am pretty sure that if you make top rate, you retain that rate when you transfer to full time driver, rather than starting at the bottom rate.
Cheers

TheKid99

Good luck!
I encourage you to become an exception air driver, which you can do in addition to your pt inside job.
If a pt air-driving job opens, go for it. It's good experience, and the air progression is only two years--top rate about $25, rather than the new four year progression of ft. I am pretty sure that if you make top rate, you retain that rate when you transfer to full time driver, rather than starting at the bottom rate.
Cheers
Thanks!! Is Air Driver mon-sat?

bumped

Well I skipped work for the interview and she said I could become a package driver in 1-2 years she said driver start off at $18 and top out at $36 and that I can drive part time as a handler so im jumping on this

Don't believe everything she says though. Her job is to get you in, and will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Unlike FedEx who is so incredably honest with candidates?
Ya mean like back in the day when they assured you "as a 'people first' company, we'll take much better care of you than any union possibly can...they're just a buncha crooks that do nothing but take your money"

HomeDelivery

most companies will do the following tactic:

iStock_000007307443XSmall_article.jpg

with ubiquitous internet access available at your fingertips via smartphones these days, you can do your part by researching the companies you're applying for

with this site, at least you know UPS will eventually give you that whole carrot (union-mandated progressive pay, OT, vacation, etc.)

but in return they'll push you to your limits daily on-the-road

while fedex express will do the same but only give you small chunks of the carrot, bit by bit, at a longer rate ~ never to get the whole carrot by the time you're an old fart

R1 and others saw what was Express is turning into & for those purple cool aid drinkers who didn't see it coming:

rug-pulled1.jpg

JayF13

I would def goto ups. They got me doing 3 routes in 1. I'm getting about 50-55 pick up stops. Btw I'm a part timer and try to do all that in about 3 hrs. And they got the nerves to ask me why am I getting lates. Lol they got me running around crazy. :censored2: em.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

SmithBarney

What times do you work PT CRR? and will you work the opposite shift at UPS..
I say work at both(if schedules allow) and keep your mouth shut.