Should I sign the seasonal bid sheet?

bumped

Would you like to go driving as your regular job instead of preload?

I wouldn't sign it.

After you preload, and they need you to drive it would be top rate for all hours worked.

or

After you preload, and they don't need you to drive you driver helper. Id rather driver help at 16.80/hour versus driving for $21

I think I figured out what I'm doing. I think I'm going to sign it. I did the math, and yes, I would make about $1000 more over the course of peak by not signing the sheet but I would also get used less than somebody who signed it. I would much rather drive than preload and get more experience as well. Plus if I go back to preload before seasonal is over is still be at the $21 over preload pay $14. Thanks for all the help.

bumped

If you work the preload and not drive for the day your preload pay goes back to your part time wage.

If you get into an accident, you have to wait another 6 months. The "experience" is not worth it unless your one of those types of people that need to be told things over and over again.

542thruNthru

I think I figured out what I'm doing. I think I'm going to sign it. I did the math, and yes, I would make about $1000 more over the course of peak by not signing the sheet but I would also get used less than somebody who signed it. I would much rather drive than preload and get more experience as well. Plus if I go back to preload before seasonal is over is still be at the $21 over preload pay $14. Thanks for all the help.

Who told you that?

We've had some funny ones lately at our center. A new full time driver hit a pole in an empty parking lot. He got out of it because the GPS told him to turn around there. A kid was sent to Integrad from our center and left after a day saying it was too hard.

I'm just having fun watching the newbies quit or get DQed for an accident
Think my center is leading the country in accidents and injuries

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you work the preload and not drive for the day your preload pay goes back to your part time wage.

If you get into an accident, you have to wait another 6 months. The "experience" is not worth it unless your one of those types of people that need to be told things over and over again.
Seasonal drivers don't get full time seniority during peak season, so if he did get into an accident then it shouldn't effect him going FT when his time comes up. At least that's how it is here, I know plenty of drivers who have had accidents as utility drivers (our version of cover drivers or whatever) and go FT shortly after.

FromOffTheStreets

I'm just having fun watching the newbies quit or get DQed for an accident
Think my center is leading the country in accidents and injuries
We had a couple new guys quit with less than 2 years in FT. 2 or 3 people hit things in qualification & we were hurting bad for drivers. Now they're letting anyone in who has a pulse. Bad news if they are in your loop.

We had a couple new guys quit with less than 2 years in FT. 2 or 3 people hit things in qualification & we were hurting bad for drivers. Now they're letting anyone in who has a pulse. Bad news if they are in your loop.
The newbies won't put up with this crap, I think it's funny as Hell. I'm just trying to buy a little more time myself but if I was a newbie I wouldn't stay here either

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was told by many not to sign it because if they use me to drive and I don't sign it they have to pay me full pay rate instead of seasonal pay rate.

Ok, quick question here. Do you have any cognition or recollection handicaps?

I ask this because the very second sentence of your post states that you asked many and they ALL told you NOT to sign. And here you are...

Do you expect an internet chat room filled with knuckle dragging mongoloids to assuage your leeriness about not signing the list? Maybe I'm guessing here but the people's opinion who actually work in your building, and who are in the know about things that happen there, are of less importance than your new frens on the internet. OK, well good luck.

By the way, sign the bid. If you don't, you won't work.

FromOffTheStreets

The newbies won't put up with this crap, I think it's funny as Hell. I'm just trying to buy a little more time myself but if I was a newbie I wouldn't stay here either
I don't blame one of the guys that quit. He was covering satellite routes for almost 2 years. He was a great driver & they took advantage of that. The other guy just didn't want to work hard.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Good luck Stephen Hawking

barnyard

KTM rider
WTF
If you already went to intergrad, you signed a bid at some point to drive. Sign it, don't sign it, will not matter. You already signed something and you will be driving at peak.