Should I sign the seasonal bid sheet?

Heavy Package

We've had some funny ones lately at our center. A new full time driver hit a pole in an empty parking lot. He got out of it because the GPS told him to turn around there. A kid was sent to Integrad from our center and left after a day saying it was too hard.

LOL. Girl here cried on her 2nd day with an ORS! Said 80 resi stops was too much. I didn't see her yesterday which would have been her 1st day by herself. Most other new hires talk and act like they have an IQ of 60 or less. If you are a hub rat, it looks like HR just sent buses to Rikers Island to recruit this season. It's awful.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LOL. Girl here cried on her 2nd day with an ORS! Said 80 resi stops was too much. I didn't see her yesterday which would have been her 1st day by herself. Most other new hires talk and act like they have an IQ of 60 or less. If you are a hub rat, it looks like HR just sent buses to Rikers Island to recruit this season. It's awful.
60 IQ is high enough to drive a truck around, low enough to not question anything.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was told by many not to sign it because if they use me to drive and I don't sign it they have to pay me full pay rate instead of seasonal pay rate. Is this correct?

No.

I don't understand why they would pay you top rate?

They wouldn't.

I'm not sure either but we have 3 other air drivers who told me not to sign it because they have been paid top scale when they didn't sign it.

Air driver's delivering ground.... is a different story.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most people think we do 30-40 stops per day

Utility81

I'm not sure either but we have 3 other air drivers who told me not to sign it because they have been paid top scale when they didn't sign it.
Regardless, they will use you as much as possible until Wall Street catches wind that we won’t profit as much as they had anticipated(should take about 1st week of December). Then you’ll be back to the hub and we will be out of toilet paper again. Did I mention I haven’t washed my truck in about 3 months?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For what?

You have to be kidding me....

ARTICLE 5. SANITARY CONDITIONS

"The Employer agrees to maintain a clean, sanitary washroom having hot and cold running water with toilet facilities in all present and future buildings."

ARTICLE 18. SAFETY AND HEALTH EQUIPMENT, ACCIDENTS AND REPORTS

Preamble

"The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance."

"All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition including mirrors and windows."

I guess reading the contract....

Is as hard as reading the instructions on how to vote on it.

-Bug-