Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

TeltBender

there probably is pters making nearly 30 when I first started I was making 8.5/hr and when I went into driving I was up to 18 , that was 2014. You guys want 30/hr starting wage? That’s more than the full time drivers are getting and driving is a more difficult job.
Nobody said $30 starting and do you really think we would raise PT wages and leave driver wages the same?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Like The Outsiders....Greasers vs. Socs....stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.

IMG_4756.gif

BrownSnowFlake

I’m not gonna read all 31 pages to see if this has been said but…

If a loader screws up, a package gets delayed by a day. If a driver screws up, a whole family of innocent people gets killed. Some random soccer mom and her crotch goblins who aren’t “in the game”, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So yes, I think drivers deserve a little more.

“But muh hours”

Not how the labor market works. A brain surgeon makes more in a day than I do in a week and I’m okay with that.

That said, I do think the part-timers deserve quite a bit more than they make currently.

PT Car Washer

I’m not gonna read all 31 pages to see if this has been said but…

If a loader screws up, a package gets delayed by a day. If a driver screws up, a whole family of innocent people gets killed. Some random soccer mom and her crotch goblins who aren’t “in the game”, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So yes, I think drivers deserve a little more.

“But muh hours”

Not how the labor market works. A brain surgeon makes more in a day than I do in a week and I’m okay with that.

That said, I do think the part-timers deserve quite a bit more than they make currently.
PT Teamsters used to make the same wages as FT Teamsters just because we are all Teamsters.