Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

BrownStains

lots of brainiac FTers saying they would rather stay PT if they made $30 an hour so they can make barely $500 a week instead of 2000 a week they make now lol
there probably is pters making nearly 30 when I first started I was making 8.5/hr and when I went into driving I was up to 18 , that was 2014. You guys want 30/hr starting wage? That’s more than the full time drivers are getting and driving is a more difficult job.

PT Car Washer

there probably is pters making nearly 30 when I first started I was making 8.5/hr and when I went into driving I was up to 18 , that was 2014. You guys want 30/hr starting wage? That’s more than the full time drivers are getting and driving is a more difficult job.
And the Porters are making $40hr. Is that a much more difficult job?

BrownStains

I don’t think porters are making 40. Maybe you are if you have some years in. But new porters? I’d go back to part time. Driving is hell.

moldsporh

60% of ups is part time. It’s the reason you’re able to have a job at this point. It’s baffling how much disrespect you show to your fellow union workers
I don't know how many posts preceded this but a bricked out P1200 dealing with customers, traffic, on road safety, pick ups, apt stops, rain, snow, etc. is a lot different than a sort aisle.

I'm all for part-timers receiving a fair wage… but their job is different than the full-time delivery drivers.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Smh lol.
I don't know how many posts preceded this but a bricked out P1200 dealing with customers, traffic, on road safety, pick ups, apt stops, rain, snow, etc. is a lot different than a sort aisle.

I'm all for part-timers receiving a fair wage… but their job is different than the full-time delivery drivers.

Driving will always be the tougher job but trying to sort in a completely :censored2:ed sort aisle isn’t easy either

HarryWarden

Why are you comparing drivers to loaders? I agree drivers should have a higher wage than loaders

You know there are full time positions besides driving , right?