Should the union suspend union dues?

Trailer monkey

then we need arrests. The Union donates money to political parties. Fact. If you want to argue semantics fine.
No, their right to fund political candidates is restricted by law. contributions come from DRIVE which is not funded by union dues. Unions are private organizations, if they want to give dues money to candidates, they should be able to

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We may still be working but spouses may not be.
Part time members second jobs are affected.

Is this even an option?

We can catch up on missed dues later.
Dude, I’m making 2500 a week. I’ll gladly pay dues while the rest of the country gets a 1200 check.

Observer

It won't happen. Which is a shame because the part timers could use the break. Although we went through the same contract delay again - where we received retro pay - the union is not willing to adjust for the current conditions. Say if they reduced it to $1.00 a week for "x" amount of weeks that would be helpful. A lot of landlords are not giving their renters a break-same goes for mortgage companies. It's all about the money. Greed is a horrible disease.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A lot of landlords are not giving their renters a break-same goes for mortgage companies. It's all about the money. Greed is a horrible disease.
Because landlords have to pay their mortgage with your rent money, and mortgage companies still have to pay insurers and investors in mortgage backed securities.

It's not about greed, it's the basics of the system that puts a roof over people's heads. Nothing is free.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It won't happen. Which is a shame because the part timers could use the break. Although we went through the same contract delay again - where we received retro pay - the union is not willing to adjust for the current conditions. Say if they reduced it to $1.00 a week for "x" amount of weeks that would be helpful. A lot of landlords are not giving their renters a break-same goes for mortgage companies. It's all about the money. Greed is a horrible disease.
Speaking for my people, we're fine with the dues.

Landlords gotta eat too.
Same for banks, and lenders.

This whole thing is a life lesson about living in moderation, and staying within your means.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There will be layoffs. B2B will dry up, Brown makes squat on Residential
But there’s tons of people sitting at home right now getting very comfortable with just ordering everything they need online. Someone has to deliver that stuff.

It’s up the company to figure out how to profit off of it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because landlords have to pay their mortgage with your rent money, and mortgage companies still have to pay insurers and investors in mortgage backed securities.

It's not about greed, it's the basics of the system that puts a roof over people's heads. Nothing is free.
I know a guy that brings in 100k per month in rental income. What people don’t see is the 80k+ per month that goes out in bills.