Should the union suspend union dues?

muthatrucka

DRIVE Accounting Department
Office of the General Secretary-Treasurer

"The DRIVE Accounting Department is responsible for activities regarding National DRIVE, the political action committee of the International Brotherhood Teamsters. National DRIVE is a separate segregated fund registered with the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The Department processes the Voluntary Authorization Cards to allow for Teamster membership participation in National DRIVE. The Department is responsible for the registration and compliance with the FEC and state campaign finance regulations. Teamster membership contributions to DRIVE are processed through payroll deduction and DRIVE Accounting Department is responsible for the collection and recordkeeping of all receipts received. All candidate and committee contributions are processed through the DRIVE Accounting Department. DRIVE Accounting Department fulfills requests for DRIVE information from Teamster local unions, joint councils, trade divisions and conferences and the General Executive Board."
How about the strike fund we started in 1998? Where’d THAT money go?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How about the strike fund we started in 1998? Where’d THAT money go?

What do you mean.... where did it go ?

The annual IBT General Secretary-Treasurer's report, lists all the IBT's finances.

You read the Teamster magazine ?

It didn't go anywhere, except what was spent.... as listed on the LM-2's.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The "elected leaders" would never make money disappear. Lol.

As I've mentioned before....

Every Local gets audited every 5 years for all expenditures, and have CPA's

prepare all the tax filings and LM-2 reports.

I watched another BA have to repay like .69 cents for tipping more than 20%

on a cup of coffee when he was out of town at one of the panels.

You can't make money "disappear". Lol

What'dyabringmetoday???

As I've mentioned before....

Every Local gets audited every 5 years for all expenditures, and have CPA's

prepare all the tax filings and LM-2 reports.

I watched another BA have to repay like .69 cents for tipping more than 20%

on a cup of coffee when he was out of town at one of the panels.

You can't make money "disappear". Lol
If you say so. And you are never wrong so everyone can sleep better now.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Because landlords have to pay their mortgage with your rent money, and mortgage companies still have to pay insurers and investors in mortgage backed securities.

It's not about greed, it's the basics of the system that puts a roof over people's heads. Nothing is free.
And when those mortgage backed securities fail they get a taxpayer bailout

hellfire

Speaking for my people, we're fine with the dues.

Landlords gotta eat too.
Same for banks, and lenders.

This whole thing is a life lesson about living in moderation, and staying within your means.

Easy to say when everything is working out and you have a steady paycheck

hellfire

The corona virus has nothing to do with the union and the drive fund is a good thing , it promotes a pro union stance. The big business and republican community don’t like unions people

rod

Retired 22 years
I live in a major tourist area that has a ton of golf courses including some designed by world famous course designers. The Teamsters and the Company (when I was working) always stayed at these fancy golf resorts for their "conventions"-- 2 or three times a summer it seemed like. One of the drivers wives worked at the fanciest one and would let us know when they were in town for a few days. We NEVER saw the Teamsters at our building but the big wigs from UPS would stick their noses in the building between golf rounds.

Up In Smoke

Question was asked this week, should the Local furlough BAs during this safer at home? With no shop visits, local levels and state panels what are these people doing? At $3,000 to $3,500 per week in compensation, it's a fair question.