Should we Expect any Major Changes at UPS Beginning June 1st?

JJinVA

Abney said, "Shes the right person at the right time", which really translates to, "people are on this feminist kick so to win global brownie points were putting someone with a vag in control".

I dunno. She seems to be pretty competent but like others have said, if shes never done the job how can she have any idea what shes asking of people or if her expectations are realistic or not? All I know is, the center manager told everyone today that the gov of Virginia made it mandatory to wear masks so he gave us all masks. The first thing I did when I got off property was took that :censored2: off. Funny enough, all of the places I delivered to today business wise were not wearing masks either. Hell even the gov himself was on video talking about wearing the masks, WITHOUT WEARING A MASK! Standing with 5ft of 2 other people who were also not wearing masks...

Is this "the new normal"? Complete hypocrisy and idiocy? I thank God everyday for me not having kids to leave behind in this soon-to-be-shathole...

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Hopefully coming over from a big box hardware store, she might at least know the nuts and bolts of UPS?
Maybe she will come lumbering in the first day?
Hopefully she is successful, or her career might "sink?"
She was already on the board so she is acquainted with the nuts.

textat3

Turkeys are back for Thanksgiving and HABITS is the “new” safety catch phrase. Also heard they are considering cancelling PCMs forever. Your uniform will be stenciled with your employee ID from shoulder to shoulder.

Over70irregs

Mom??.......lol. Give her a chance. I’m sure your dispatch and injuries will be taken care of. Note brown is all about long term. Which means contract boyz.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
New CEO -
Will she leave things the way they are, or try to put her stamp on things?
I doubt you'll even notice her here for a couple months.

She is the former CFO at Home Depot so she's there to turn the stock around. I don't see how she can squeeze any more production out of the hourlies. Maybe her first week she'll say... "who the Hell invented this Orion?" Maybe she'll get rid of it. Unless she's a puppet CEO. I don't see any corporate guys going far. I believe I read Abney will stay on the BoD.

Anybody retiring right now just sits at home. So you know there's going to be a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

I yearn for the day any female UPS employee has longer hair then the men!

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I doubt you'll even notice her here for a couple months.

She is the former CFO at Home Depot so she's there to turn the stock around. I don't see how she can squeeze any more production out of the hourlies. Maybe her first week she'll say... "who the Hell invented this Orion?" Maybe she'll get rid of it. Unless she's a puppet CEO. I don't see any corporate guys going far. I believe I read Abney will stay on the BoD.

Anybody retiring right now just sits at home. So you know there's going to be a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

I yearn for the day any female UPS employee has longer hair then the men!
We'll hire less, start even later and will somehow sort faster than a robot

35years

Gravy route
UPS (NYSE: UPS) reported March 13 it will pay Tomé an annual base salary of $1,250,000 ($104,167 per month); an Management Incentive Program target award valued at 165% of her base salary, which for 2020 will be prorated and payable in vested Class A common stock; an Long-Term Incentive Performance program target award valued at 735% of her base salary; and stock option grant valued at 90% of her base salary. (Read Tomé's offer letter here.)

She will be eligible for 30 vacation days and five personal days per year.

That looks like about $13 million total. Not bad for a newbie.

Do you feel overcompensated?

I wonder how much she make being on the boards of other corporations.

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Won't get fooled again, oh no, oh no, no
Don't get fooled again, no, no

To do list for our new CEO:
-Talk about team building, diversity, strategic partnerships using vague mumbo jumbo so no one can tell you have no idea what you are doing.
-Don't rock the boat so you can ride the gravy train for 5 or more years.
- Sign that little contract in blood with the guy with the horns.

But seriously unless she is one in a thousand, no change is likely.