Shoulder injury

1ashleytommy

I am a driver and hurt my shoulder over a year ago. I am collecting my work comp but just had my 2nd surgery due too this injury. Doctor is not sure if I will be able too ever get back. Any idea what an injury settlement will be?

Johney

I am a driver and hurt my shoulder over a year ago. I am collecting my work comp but just had my 2nd surgery due too this injury. Doctor is not sure if I will be able too ever get back. Any idea what an injury settlement will be?
Comp laws and settlements vary from state to state, but I believe generally they will settle with you for the future cost's of your medical care that's it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Any monies collected so far may be subject to repayment. It's that way in NY, unless its a spine injury. :happy-very:

As far as medical coverage, it sometimes is better to not settle. If you are only going to get a few grand, I'd never settle. Just keep the medical coverage, it's not worth the Medicare buy-in. Different kind of care. Not nearly as good.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
All injured parts carry a specific monetary value.
I believe this is standard through all insurance companies.
It can probably be found through an internet search.
I had a co-worker at a previous job settle after 3 years on a shoulder injury for $60K
I'd look at the long term cost of caring for it, rather than taking the money and running

menotyou

bella amicizia
Remember, in NY, any monies forwarded to you prior to settling is subject to repayment.( not to include spinal injuries)