Sick Leave

I received my allotment of leave a few months back on my anniversary date. I just don't know what they can be used for. My paystub shows 4 different types and I was told that one is for sick days, one being vacation days, another being an option week, and the last being four floating option days. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Now can any or all of that leave be rolled over yearly? Do you lose it if you don't use it or does it get payed out?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our current contract only pays for unused sick days. The new contract will pay for both unused sick and personal days, although I would encourage you to use them. None of these days carry over to the following year if unused--you will get a check for any unused days usually 2 weeks before the end of December. I am not familiar with option weeks.

Thanx again.
I'm not used to getting so much leave. I hope your correct, although I wish you could roll all of it over to the next year. I had heard that they pay some of it out on your anniversary date and some leave gets rolled over.

brownrodster

Sick days roll over and accumulate. I think you can have a maximum of around 420 sick hours built up (someone correct me if I'm wrong). After that they cash out your sick days. If you retire with these sick hours unused they cash you out. You get 5 paid sick days per year.

Unused vacation is payed out...

unionsteward104

CONTRACT EXPERT
Sick Days... 7 Per Year Hear In Our Wonderful Az.. Can Be Rolled Over Once You Get To 30 Days They Start Paying Them Off But They Be Accumulated And Used Together As Extra Vacation Weeks.

Option Weeks ,, You Get 2 ,,,... 5 Day Weeks.. 1 Week Every Jan. 1 And The Othe Ron Anniversary Date.. They Can Be Used As 10 Individual Days Or 2 Vac. Weeks , Your Choice....

And Vacation Weeks Are Vacation Weeks..paid At 1/52, Not 20 Or 40 Hours.... 20 Hr Weeks For Pt And 40 For Ft... Are Option Weeks Or You Can Use Them As Days Of 4 Or 8 Hours Depending On Pt Or Ft.....

unionsteward104

CONTRACT EXPERT
ANAHEIM BOY... YOU HAVE THE SAME VACATION STATUS AS US IN PHOENIX..... ANY OTHER QUESTIONS.. YOU CAN EMAIL OR CALL ME....

ANY TIME I CAN HELP.....ASK YOUR STEWARDS I AM SURE THEY ARE VERY GOOD ESPECIALLY IN CALI.. VERY GOOD STRONG UNION STATE....

03cobra

Our current contract only pays for unused sick days. The new contract will pay for both unused sick and personal days, although I would encourage you to use them. None of these days carry over to the following year if unused--you will get a check for any unused days usually 2 weeks before the end of December. I am not familiar with option weeks.
We get paid for our unused sick days and personnel days and have been since i have been there over 6 years

all these different answers for the same question. This is why I believe that there should be ONE Master Contract with the only supplements existing for the sole purpose of cost of living differences around the country.

flltmmr

Does anyone know how many sick and/or personal days a full-time driver gets in Central States? I cannot find any info in either the MC or the Central Supplement that explains this difinitively. I used to get two personal days as a part-timmer and I cannot even find where it allots for that in the contract or the supp so I am wondering where in the heck the correct info is. Thanks.

Ms.PacMan

Does anyone know how many sick and/or personal days a full-time driver gets in Central States? I cannot find any info in either the MC or the Central Supplement that explains this difinitively. I used to get two personal days as a part-timmer and I cannot even find where it allots for that in the contract or the supp so I am wondering where in the heck the correct info is. Thanks.

It's in the Supplement Art.15 Sec.1 para 3. You get 2 optional days every year after your second anniversary.