Time off

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I made the mistake one year of not using all my sick days. When I got paid out I was livid. Taxed at like 50%, never again. To this day I still don’t know how I didn’t use all my days. We get six here and they are usually exhausted by Jan
Not taxed at a higher rate unless it bumps you into a higher bracket.

HyperBrn

Not taxed at a higher rate unless it bumps you into a higher bracket.
Probably mixing the word "taxed" versus "withheld"

No, you aren't taxed at a higher rate for payments unless it bumps you up a tax bracket.
But payroll might very well WITHHOLD more; making your payout into your bank account smaller. You'd get the difference back at tax time though.

Marinedad

I've been at ups part time for 3 years and became full time a couple months ago. Now for vacation, sick and option days do I get 40 hour's because last week my time card said 2 weeks vacation, 40 hours sick time and 24 hours option time. Now this week my time card says 2 weeks vacation, 20 hours sick days and 12 hours option days. I don't know if it's because I'm basically "starting over" that I have to wait a year to get full time vacation hours or once you are full time you do get full time hours. I'm in New Englan
I’m in Philly and the way it is here is you are earning next years vacations, optional, and sick time this year. The time that you have now was earned as a part timer, so you will get paid part time hours for those vacations and days. Next year your vacations and days will be paid at the full time rate.

JustDeliverIt

I’m in Philly and the way it is here is you are earning next years vacations, optional, and sick time this year. The time that you have now was earned as a part timer, so you will get paid part time hours for those vacations and days. Next year your vacations and days will be paid at the full time rate.

Here, our time off just gets converted to FT. When I went FT it was in September of that year and my last week of vacation was paid out at 45 hours and the remaining sick/personal days were 8 hours at my new FT rate when I used them.

And everything here just renews Jan 1.

Some money mind guys look at it as a savings account, 25 sick days is like $8400.
I guess. I hope those money mind guys enjoy it when they are in the cemetery...

It really depends on your local language. We can accrue up to 60 days here, so a lot of guys use it as terminal vacation. If we roll over 5 or more it can be scheduled as a vacation week so some lower seniority guys use it for that extra week until they get more real vacation weeks.