Signature Required.

oldngray

nowhere special
No signatures required---a little gizmo tells you what your next stop is-how many pkgs. you have for it and how to get to it---you carry cell phones and you all drive automatics-------Damn you guys have it easy now. Have I told you lately how tough we had it? :-)
When one of the new kids gets told to get a signature his head explodes.

Spanky250

We were told to sign COVID 19 then verify the last name and type it in followed by CD glad UPS is adhering to uniform standards and practices so we all know what to do.

Same here, we write “Covid 19” then type ‘CVD Johnson’ as long as we make sure the customer receives the package. I’ll set their stuff in front of their door, knock then step back and wait for them to grab it. Older folks usually wave at me through their window so I’ll leave it on the porch and sign for them.

Originally I think everyone was told to write covid19 then type cvd plus the last name. But a couple months ago they released a DIAD training module that outlined the procedure I described here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No signatures required---a little gizmo tells you what your next stop is-how many pkgs. you have for it and how to get to it---you carry cell phones and you all drive automatics-------Damn you guys have it easy now. Have I told you lately how tough we had it? :-)
Some of even have fans now!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Some of even have fans now!!!
I always had a fan in the 3 different trucks I drove in my career. All we had to do was ask our mechanic to put one in. We also had 2 heaters in our trucks that were for the most part left running all day long in the winter.

Nah
Originally I think everyone was told to write covid19 then type cvd plus the last name. But a couple months ago they released a DIAD training module that outlined the procedure I described here.
Same. Next time they have a new DIAD training, they'll tell us a new way to do it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We were told to sign COVID 19 then verify the last name and type it in followed by CD glad UPS is adhering to uniform standards and practices so we all know what to do.

You didn't do the DIAD training? It says right in there to write "CD" in the signature field, and type the consignee's last name in the clarify field.

542thruNthru

You didn't do the DIAD training? It says right in there to write "CD" in the signature field, and type the consignee's last name in the clarify field.
We didn't have any DIAD training here. We were told to write Covid 19 and type in last name. I honestly just scribble and type Covid as they bring it inside.

21Savage

My boy sent me this from today. Sig required next day air

Attachments

• IMG_04111_20210313_151907.jpg
    IMG_04111_20210313_151907.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 94