Signature Required.

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
I started driving a couple months after the pandemic started. While I was being trained my ORS told me we don’t have to obtain signatures and to just sign it myself & put “cov”. I’ve been doing that ever since. But I’ve been seeing packages being brought back to the hub because drivers weren’t able to obtain signatures. Should I do the same or just listen to what my ORS told me to do?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were taught to write "CVD" and the customer's name in the signature column. Only if we made contact with the customer. If not, it's a Sendagain.

Spanky250

You have to make contact with the customer, you can't just leave it.

Ask them their last name and tell them you are signing for them.

Write "CD" (Contactless Delivery) in the signature field and type in their last name.

If no one is home follow normal info notice and send again procedure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started driving a couple months after the pandemic started. While I was being trained my ORS told me we don’t have to obtain signatures and to just sign it myself & put “cov”. I’ve been doing that ever since. But I’ve been seeing packages being brought back to the hub because drivers weren’t able to obtain signatures. Should I do the same or just listen to what my ORS told me to do?
Maybe you should ask your ORS instead of a bunch of strangers on the internet

SMDH

Roller252

We were told to sign COVID 19 then verify the last name and type it in followed by CD glad UPS is adhering to uniform standards and practices so we all know what to do.

iruhnman630

Time to do away with signatures completely.

I'd be interested in seeing an analysis of claims over the last 12 months of contact less delivery versus the previous 12

MassWineGuy

Really now. You took it to mean that you should just put the name in without attempting to contact a real person? Anything wrong with that picture?

Zowert

Same here, we write “Covid 19” then type ‘CVD Johnson’ as long as we make sure the customer receives the package. I’ll set their stuff in front of their door, knock then step back and wait for them to grab it. Older folks usually wave at me through their window so I’ll leave it on the porch and sign for them.

Same here, we write “Covid 19” then type ‘CVD Johnson’ as long as we make sure the customer receives the package. I’ll set their stuff in front of their door, knock then step back and wait for them to grab it. Older folks usually wave at me through their window so I’ll leave it on the porch and sign for them.
That’s what I do. Except they changed it to CV no longer CVD

You need to make customer contact. Can’t just sign for it! We sign CD ( contactless delivery) and type in their last name. You’re lucky nothing has come up missing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Really now. You took it to mean that you should just put the name in without attempting to contact a real person? Anything wrong with that picture?
I know for a fact that we hired over 30 new drivers last year in my center and this is what they were taught. You know management will teach them to cut every corner.

Last One In

I know for a fact that we hired over 30 new drivers last year in my center and this is what they were taught. You know management will teach them to cut every corner.
Our last driver's sup taught the new drivers to leave boxes at apartment front doors even if they aren't SurePost. Cutting corners is the new way apparently.

rod

Retired 22 years
Time to do away with signatures completely.

I'd be interested in seeing an analysis of claims over the last 12 months of contact less delivery versus the previous 12

You would have loved when I first started delivering. We needed a signature on EVERYTHING . Then came a very few accounts like J.C.Penney who had a release number on them. The more packages you didn't need a signature on the more stops they would give you. Its not like UPS would let your day get any easier.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You would have loved when I first started delivering. We needed a signature on EVERYTHING . Then came a very few accounts like J.C.Penney who had a release number on them. The more packages you didn't need a signature on the more stops they would give you. Its not like UPS would let your day get any easier.
This is exactly why they don’t care if anyone leaves anything anymore. Production!!

rod

Retired 22 years
This is exactly why they don’t care if anyone leaves anything anymore. Production!!
No signatures required---a little gizmo tells you what your next stop is-how many pkgs. you have for it and how to get to it---you carry cell phones and you all drive automatics-------Damn you guys have it easy now. Have I told you lately how tough we had it? :-)