SITUATION

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I seriously hope that you're being sarcastic, if not, to the op - don't listen to this guy. This guy and that other mod will have you taking all managements shafts. Just my 2 cents, lol, first time using that.

Given your experience is merely unloading package cars, I'd say your 2 cents is worth less than that. Labels up, noob.

KEVOKEV

A..do you forget we work for the devil?.........B they have no problem with you sitting at home for a month!.....C.....You will get your job back..maybe.......after they make an ass out of you!

That residence has a lot of traffic. Other delivery drivers, work trucks and a huge tractor that sometimes pulls loads that overlap the road and most likely did the damage. The elderly people at the residence only noticed the pipe when the stopped to gather their packages at the gate and then assumed that UPS caused the damage. UPS would be foolish to accept responsibly for this and cost the center an accident and have to pay for the repairs whatever they may be. I am not worried about it after reflection but I am irritated that someone would make accusations without hard evidence. I even talked to the man at the residence and he was such an a hole and insisted that I had done it. He actually hung up on me when I wouldn't tell him what he wanted to hear. He said "how can you be certain that you didn't do it?" And I replied " I have backed for 21 years thousands of times and have never had an accident because I am aware of what surrounds my vehicle, as I was very aware of the location of this pipe." The fact is I have delivered here for years and never had a problem.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I stuck to the "walk off everything" routine. The half-mile to one-mile driveways are arduous

customer in their shiny new sports car "wow you're walking it... it's almost a mile, the usual driver usually backs up here..you can just drive down next time..."
Easy fix don't go into this customers driveway anymore...

:D

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
To OP, NEVER underestimate the power in your pocket. I take pics of ANYTHING I think could possibly land me in the office defending my job the next morning. I even call my center manager and Steward in situations that especially frighten me. Call me paranoid but, I do understand the world we live in.

Folks these days could care less if you struggle to feed your kids if it means, they could get that decade old crack in their driveway fixed for free. It sucks to feel like you have to protect yourself at all times but, this is the world we live in and the company we work for.

For what it's worth, congrats on two decades worth of safe driving. I hope you get to order some shirts with some sweet sleeve patches in a few years.

barnyard

KTM rider
It does not help you now, but in the future, CYA. If you go to a place where there is something broken, call your center manager immediately to say you noticed it and did not do it. You probably will not have to do it very often, but it could certainly help (I called about a dead cat in a customer driveway. 2 days later, the customer called UPS to say that I hit the cat that day. The OMS asked a couple of questions that proved the customer was lying and it was dropped.

It has only happened that one time, but I have called about at least 3 other things.

I hope that things go well in your case.

over9five

Staff member
I seriously hope that you're being sarcastic, if not, to the op - don't listen to this guy. This guy and that other mod will have you taking all managements shafts. Just my 2 cents, lol, first time using that.
Some of us won't hump managements leg just to get some bogus "charge" removed.
​But if that's the way you roll, more power to you.

UPSGUY72

I stuck to the "walk off everything" routine. The half-mile to one-mile driveways are arduous

customer in their shiny new sports car "wow you're walking it... it's almost a mile, the usual driver usually backs up here..you can just drive down next time..."

:D

The same method used when you get a 3 day ride. Walk everything off...