Slammed with Amazon

Superteeth2478

That why we gettin earlier start times in preload?
Not in the :censored2:show that's my hub...start times still 5:00AM for unload and as much as a 30 minute stagger for the preload in some centers. Unload getting down at 8:45AM to as late as 9:00AM and the preload finally getting wrapped 15-30 minutes after. And apparently we're STILL not making our numbers.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Not in the :censored2:show that's my hub...start times still 5:00AM for unload and as much as a 30 minute stagger for the preload in some centers. Unload getting down at 8:45AM to as late as 9:00AM and the preload finally getting wrapped 15-30 minutes after. And apparently we're STILL not making our numbers.
Use my methods, no stacking...they wana bring people in late and start them the same time as unload.
They been bringing people earlier this week cuz the line ft sups are sick of the preload manager screwing everyone and then screaming cuz noone wraps

Superteeth2478

Use my methods, no stacking...they wana bring people in late and start them the same time as unload.
They been bringing people earlier this week cuz the line ft sups are sick of the preload manager screwing everyone and then screaming cuz noone wraps
I wouldn't be surprised if the full-time supervisors aren't paying their people correctly when they bring them in early, and even if they are I wouldn't be surprised if the preload manager "fixes" the timecards to reflect the later start time for the people who are being bought in early.

At any rate, although it makes my job as a pick-off harder when the start times are late (because obviously it results in crushing flow from the unload), I don't miss being the loader on the floor having to load all those packages. I've mentioned it in other threads, but there are 3 load areas on the belt I pick-off at that get backed up all the way to me within about 20 minutes of the start of the day. It becomes a box-chucking fest at that point. That's how bad the flow is.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I wouldn't be surprised if the full-time supervisors aren't paying their people correctly when they bring them in early, and even if they are I wouldn't be surprised if the preload manager "fixes" the timecards to reflect the later start time for the people who are being bought in early.

At any rate, although it makes my job as a pick-off harder when the start times are late (because obviously it results in crushing flow from the unload), I don't miss being the loader on the floor having to load all those packages. I've mentioned it in other threads, but there are 3 load areas on the belt I pick-off at that get backed up all the way to me within about 20 minutes of the start of the day. It becomes a box-chucking fest at that point. That's how bad the flow is.
I told someone that about the time card the other day and i complained to the union that several people on our line alone had this issue. They complained their checks are short. I told them how punching in the computers worked. But noone else has made any official complaints

Superteeth2478

I told someone that about the time card the other day and i complained to the union that several people on our line alone had this issue. They complained their checks are short. I told them how punching in the computers worked. But noone else has made any official complaints
What these people need to do is file grievances as soon as they notice their pay is short. That way they get penalty pay on top of their shortage for every week the shortage isn't corrected. And file for their supervisors working. It only makes the late start times work, even if only marginally.

Well, at my hub it just makes the late start times fail less miserably. And makes my wallet bigger. I'm up to $5,500 in supervisors working grievances for the year-to-date. And all I ask is that they stop working, but they're still working. At this rate I'll make at least $20,000 in supervisors working grievances alone by the end of the year. And that's not considering the change to triple-time rate for supervisors working...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It’s like the mafia. They make you scared. You speak up , your on “the list”. 2 weeks later your “fired “ for some bull:censored2:. You get your job back in a week or 3. All unpaid
Now they watch your every move. Welcome to ups!!

Package Stick

"Send it."
Any other hubs out there getting killed with amazon too? For some reason this last week we’ve been getting 2000 more pieces a day of amazon and we can’t keep up. Could have ran 10 more routes on Wednesday but didn’t have enough drivers. Seems they’re shifting volume from post office to us in some capacity. Center manager says this could be the new norm and they’re not planning on hiring any new drivers as of now. It’s like peak in April.. smh

I felt Amazon was rushing today, we got hit hard as :censored2: with FedEx packages.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Any other hubs out there getting killed with amazon too? For some reason this last week we’ve been getting 2000 more pieces a day of amazon and we can’t keep up. Could have ran 10 more routes on Wednesday but didn’t have enough drivers. Seems they’re shifting volume from post office to us in some capacity. Center manager says this could be the new norm and they’re not planning on hiring any new drivers as of now. It’s like peak in April.. smh
Seems like that is all I have had lately,either the Amazon boxes or the blue and white pkgs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Years back, preload was wrapped by 8 am on a constant basis. Now, we are lucky if they can wrap up by 9. You want to mess up a package car drivers day, do that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
56828005_10157221672284444_678480291601317888_o.jpg

Upsgal72

We were hit at Worldport super bad Wednesday too. So, bad I needed Thursday off which I heard was even worse! The whole week had been bad but Wednesday was like a bomb had hit, stuff scattered everywhere. I had split over half the night going crazy half up the line, til about an hour and a half from leaving pouring sweat going in sick. A guy wanted to give me a break who had my usual 2 trucks to scan, and took over splitting. 2 minutes of air to breathe then I was slammed sooooo bad on my heaviest truck and was lined with 20 or more coming at me all together, no one to scan for me to toss them. I couldn't get the rollers extended from them being so backed up and was barricaded in. It was just a flippin nightmare all night. 4 guys loading this truck and I was still tossing them on the floor. smh I walked away a couple times saying that's it i'm done! It takes alot to make me mad. I only blew off steam and continued on knowing the guys had to reload all the heavy stuff I missed. They should'nt have to suffer too. I like to keep busy but dayum! It was exactly like Peak. So, why? Now tonight we hear we are gonna have another on our line to split going up. Another belt also got another state in our hub starting Monday.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We were hit at Worldport super bad Wednesday too. So, bad I needed Thursday off which I heard was even worse! The whole week had been bad but Wednesday was like a bomb had hit, stuff scattered everywhere. I had split over half the night going crazy half up the line, til about an hour and a half from leaving pouring sweat going in sick. A guy wanted to give me a break who had my usual 2 trucks to scan, and took over splitting. 2 minutes of air to breathe then I was slammed sooooo bad on my heaviest truck and was lined with 20 or more coming at me all together, no one to scan for me to toss them. I couldn't get the rollers extended from them being so backed up and was barricaded in. It was just a flippin nightmare all night. 4 guys loading this truck and I was still tossing them on the floor. smh I walked away a couple times saying that's it i'm done! It takes alot to make me mad. I only blew off steam and continued on knowing the guys had to reload all the heavy stuff I missed. They should'nt have to suffer too. I like to keep busy but dayum! It was exactly like Peak. So, why? Now tonight we hear we are gonna have another on our line to split going up. Another belt also got another state in our hub starting Monday.
?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We've been running peak split routes for the last 2 weeks which is sort of nice. Everyone is back in under 9.5. The main route drivers are actually pretty happy.