Slammed with Amazon

iowa boy

We've been running peak split routes for the last 2 weeks which is sort of nice. Everyone is back in under 9.5. The main route drivers are actually pretty happy.

What's this 9.5 you speak of? I've had a whole 2 weeks this year that I have been under 47 hours for the entire week. I think my wife loves the OT more than she loves me anymore.

MattM

Our building is on the smaller side. But we're running near peak the past two-three weeks.

I work out of the airport hub with 10-12 feeder planes, with most going on trailer volume.

For comparison, a typical air day is 7-8 sort cans. Peak, we may have seen 14-16 in years past.

This past week we're pushing 12-16 cans daily that we sort.

Trailer volumes are peak-ish as well.

Saturdays have become the worst. What used to be a can and a half of volume is now 7 A1s of volume. 95% Amazon to our biggest cities two hubs.

We're absolutely getting demolished by Amazon prime at the moment.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The damn Union....

They were able to secure during negotiations, what the members wanted.

The funny part is that drivers at a neighboring center about an hour away were complaining about the lack of OT so the management team said ":censored2: it, you want OT, then you'll be out 13 hours a day." Now they're miserable.

I am completely happy with a nice little 8-9 hour day and being home when the sun is still up.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We were hit at Worldport super bad Wednesday too. So, bad I needed Thursday off which I heard was even worse! The whole week had been bad but Wednesday was like a bomb had hit, stuff scattered everywhere. I had split over half the night going crazy half up the line, til about an hour and a half from leaving pouring sweat going in sick. A guy wanted to give me a break who had my usual 2 trucks to scan, and took over splitting. 2 minutes of air to breathe then I was slammed sooooo bad on my heaviest truck and was lined with 20 or more coming at me all together, no one to scan for me to toss them. I couldn't get the rollers extended from them being so backed up and was barricaded in. It was just a flippin nightmare all night. 4 guys loading this truck and I was still tossing them on the floor. smh I walked away a couple times saying that's it i'm done! It takes alot to make me mad. I only blew off steam and continued on knowing the guys had to reload all the heavy stuff I missed. They should'nt have to suffer too. I like to keep busy but dayum! It was exactly like Peak. So, why? Now tonight we hear we are gonna have another on our line to split going up. Another belt also got another state in our hub starting Monday.

How come you needed Thursday off

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a production ride last week. Supe says, "Have you noticed your dispatch going down?? We are adding more routes." Me, "Uh, I am seeing peak volume on my route. Most weeks, I have a 10 hour dispatch Monday and Tuesday."

Unless I have a day off, my checks have all been over 47 hours since 9/5 has started. My route is almost all resi.

Upsgal72

We were getting 3 and a half to 4 hrs vs 5 hrs now but, now its double the work. If we had enough help and were not short that would be great. But, when your down so many it's entirely way too much. If we have to deal with peak flows in the Air hub we need Peak help. As everything is going on not after it's all over and we just get people to load. It's extremely frustrating.

Upsgal72

How come you needed Thursday off
I have SLE and had a flare Wednesday a fever and swelling going on already but took one for the team going in, because things had been so elevated and we were already short. Which in turn only made things worse. I couldn't move the next day. Every bone was killing me.

ManInBrown

I know it’s crazy. I dropped a trailer at the Amazon in Florence last week. Sat at the gate in the AC for an hour talking on my phone and listening to music. Nothing was moving. Six drivers in front of me. The nerve.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We were hit at Worldport super bad Wednesday too. So, bad I needed Thursday off which I heard was even worse! The whole week had been bad but Wednesday was like a bomb had hit, stuff scattered everywhere. I had split over half the night going crazy half up the line, til about an hour and a half from leaving pouring sweat going in sick. A guy wanted to give me a break who had my usual 2 trucks to scan, and took over splitting. 2 minutes of air to breathe then I was slammed sooooo bad on my heaviest truck and was lined with 20 or more coming at me all together, no one to scan for me to toss them. I couldn't get the rollers extended from them being so backed up and was barricaded in. It was just a flippin nightmare all night. 4 guys loading this truck and I was still tossing them on the floor. smh I walked away a couple times saying that's it i'm done! It takes alot to make me mad. I only blew off steam and continued on knowing the guys had to reload all the heavy stuff I missed. They should'nt have to suffer too. I like to keep busy but dayum! It was exactly like Peak. So, why? Now tonight we hear we are gonna have another on our line to split going up. Another belt also got another state in our hub starting Monday.
@CoolStoryBro

watdaflock?

You should consider finding other employment. You're not going to last at UPS, unless you become management.

Hope this helps.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Sounds like a normal "heavy" day on the preload. You'll be fine

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Just let them go by and alert the people behind you that you're getting slammed and there will be blow bys. Continue on about your day, keep working at the same pace, and clock tf out at drivers start time. Ignore the choas

Foamer Pyle

56828005_10157221672284444_678480291601317888_o.jpg
Look at that baby package car.

Staydryitsraining

The funny part is that drivers at a neighboring center about an hour away were complaining about the lack of OT so the management team said ":censored2: it, you want OT, then you'll be out 13 hours a day." Now they're miserable.

I am completely happy with a nice little 8-9 hour day and being home when the sun is still up.
You built a life most drivers cant have. Not living off of ot because you were married 3 times and need a new car every 5 years.